PDA

View Full Version : Woke Up

raggamuffin
03-22-2014, 10:11 PM
With a start from a dream I was having. I had soem drinks last night so when hungover I knoiw your heart rate is up but my heart rate was going nuts as i soon as I woke up. So high like i'd been running or something. SO i've taken a propanalol and i'm sat here with the window open not doing anything and still my heart rate is pounding like i'm running or something. It's freaking me out cos I dont feel nervous and i'm struggling to rationalize any of it.

Ed

butterfly82
03-22-2014, 10:44 PM
Don't worry--it sounds like a panic attack- let it work through, alcohol always puts me in a panic attack so I don't drink anymore.

Try to breath through it - maybe listen to some meditation music on you tube

needtogetwell
03-23-2014, 06:08 AM
With a start from a dream I was having. I had soem drinks last night so when hungover I knoiw your heart rate is up but my heart rate was going nuts as i soon as I woke up. So high like i'd been running or something. SO i've taken a propanalol and i'm sat here with the window open not doing anything and still my heart rate is pounding like i'm running or something. It's freaking me out cos I dont feel nervous and i'm struggling to rationalize any of it. Ed

Hi Ed,

Just wondering how you are feeling now? Better I hope!

You do know what is going on with you... Drinks, hungover, yeah, does nasty things to us! I'm thinking that the "altered state" that alcohol puts us in changes our thought patterns and brings down the defences we have carefully built up. Rationalization goes out the window!

The ensuing hangover doesn't help much because for some, especially me, physical discomfort can trigger off the wall thoughts and send heart rate soaring etc..

Just wait.,, you will get back to your balanced state. Put it behind you and don't worry.

Cheers Ed!
Pam