PDA

View Full Version : Could use some advice/opinions!

Sebulator
03-22-2014, 04:15 PM
Hello,

I've been experiencing anxiety and depression for quite some time now, I have one fear that is really playing hell with my social life and interfering with pretty much any situation that involves interaction with other people.

It's quite simple and probably sounds a bit silly so I'll try to keep this as short as possible

Lately my depression has taken the turn for the worse, and I find myself "zoning out" or "spacing out" from time to time, getting lost in some thought and pretty much ignoring any external stimuli forexample conversations.

(I'll get back to this in a moment)

My anxiety is composed mainly about fears of having different neurological disorders/diseases, one in particular is narcolepsy. Narcolepsy is host to a multitude of different symptoms and one that I fear the most is "automatic behavior"
(Wikipedia has an explanation)

So back to the most influential fear that I mentioned in the beginning, during the times that I "zone out" I'm afraid that I engage in automatic behavior ("...verbal or motor behavior without conscious self-control...")

I feel a little weird for posting this but I felt the need to share with someone, and the last time I tried to explain this to a medical professional I was labeled psychotic, sent to a mental health ward and forcefully injected with powerful antipsychotics... anyway any advice/opinions would be appreciated, cheers :)

-Seb