PDA

View Full Version : Class anxiety

Ktorres21
03-21-2014, 10:13 AM
I have been having anxiety attacks in class, particularly those classes where teachers do not let us leave to use the restroom. (It's college not high school.. Weird) any suggestions on how to calm yourself down during these difficult moments?

crussellii
03-21-2014, 06:21 PM
I have been having anxiety attacks in class, particularly those classes where teachers do not let us leave to use the restroom. (It's college not high school.. Weird) any suggestions on how to calm yourself down during these difficult moments?

Knowing you can't leave the class probably triggers the attack. Have you tried any benzodiazepines?

Ktorres21
03-22-2014, 03:11 AM
I have not :( the idea of medication makes me nervous.

crussellii
03-22-2014, 04:51 AM
I have not :( the idea of medication makes me nervous.

There are many benzodiazepines that are very low dosage and may be just enough to prevent that anxiety attack while in class. It's not something you have to take but if you're having an attack it will ease it and allow you to focus on your studies. I started getting panic attacks about 22 years old. I'm 35 years old now. I've been on SSRI which have completed alleviated my panic attacks. At the minimum I would make an appointment with a pdoc. There's really nothing to fear about the medication.