PDA

View Full Version : Hair falling out?!?!

shershmiller
03-20-2014, 08:45 PM
My first anxiety attack happened about three weeks ago and I have been having anxiety ever since worrying day in and day out that SOMETHING is wrong with me!! Now I've noticed my hair is falling out. Ive always shed hair in the shower or when brushing it but it seems excessive now. What the heck is wrong with me?? I will find hair strands all over my back after sitting down for a while or after I dry my hair in a towel after a shower! There is quite a bit more hair than usual. Maybe its because I'm worrying so much that I think there is more hair now when there isn't actually any more than usual? I don't know but its freaking me out, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this with themselves at all?! Females in particular lol

Thanks in advance for any replies!!!

Dahila
03-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Thyroid, anemia, stress the hair pays for it. Could you give us some more facts. Age is important pre and monapause woman suffer with it a lot. Start taking Vitamin B complex 100 every day. It is not quick fix, but it helps a lot. Hair starts to fall out even after 3 months some stressful time.....
Chemo but you would know? I had read somewhere that taking fish oil can cause it too, because the fish is so contaminated with heavy metals ...

shershmiller
03-20-2014, 08:53 PM
Im a 19 year old female! I got my thyroid tested a couple weeks ago and everything was fine.. not sure about anemia?

Dahila
03-21-2014, 06:22 AM
Im a 19 year old female! I got my thyroid tested a couple weeks ago and everything was fine.. not sure about anemia?

when the hair falls in young people very often it is anemia. I am old and the hair was falling out so heavily , checked thyroid checked red blood cells and that it. Young ladies have sometimes (before they have children ) heavy periods so the result is a bit low red cells count. My daughter had to be for years on iron supplement cause of that. Vitamin B!!! start it now it takes a lot of time to work, but it does. Check the blood..;) good luck

Blessed
03-21-2014, 12:36 PM
My first anxiety attack happened about three weeks ago and I have been having anxiety ever since worrying day in and day out that SOMETHING is wrong with me!! Now I've noticed my hair is falling out. Ive always shed hair in the shower or when brushing it but it seems excessive now. What the heck is wrong with me?? I will find hair strands all over my back after sitting down for a while or after I dry my hair in a towel after a shower! There is quite a bit more hair than usual. Maybe its because I'm worrying so much that I think there is more hair now when there isn't actually any more than usual? I don't know but its freaking me out, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this with themselves at all?! Females in particular lol Thanks in advance for any replies!!! I have recently posted about this same problem. I think I may have my vitamin levels checked soon. I've always had thick hair but mine is really coming out by the strands!!! Not breaking but from the root, very worrisome. I'll let you know if I find anything helpful. I'm hoping it's stress related