PDA

View Full Version : Loud thoughts?

Dustremover
04-18-2008, 06:12 PM
I have severe anxiety that has caused me physical illness in the past. However, along with my anxiety, I find that my thoughts and any images connected become LOUD . The initial word, phrase, or picture will repeat itself in my head forcefully as though it's being yelled. And the image will press in and out as though someone's shoving it into my face (I'm not sure how else to describe a loud image).
When this happens, I find I cannot focus on anything and often find it very frustrating. It happens for no reason and without warning. I can be totally calm and this happens. I'm not sure if this is connected to anxiety, or if perhaps my anxiety is only part of a larger problem.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

jdawgzy
04-20-2008, 02:59 AM
I'm glad i finally found some with this similar problem. I used to get images like a..."rock snapping or exploding in my head." I can't recall exactly what was going on, but i know it would drive me into a panic attack. I also had disturbing sounds repeating in my head. Almost the same way the images worked. There was this children's toy of one of my nephews that had this "Wheels on the bus" tune, that would give me this regular anxiety symptom of a weird stomach feeling and it would also give me this feeling of cloudiness or loaded thoughts in my head. One thing that helps me know we these kind of thoughts is repeating to myself, "Thoughts, only thoughts." From what i've researched myself over the internet, this seems to be a common symptom of OCD. Which is treated with the same medication and probably the same type of therapy as anxiety. I wouldn't diagnose yourself with my knowledge though. They are probably so related that you could probably have one a some of the other.

Dustremover
04-20-2008, 10:51 AM
I've never met anyone else who's mentioned similar experiences, so its nice to know someone else knows what I'm talking about!
Mine started when I was ten years old, and it normally happened when I was just excited. I remember the first episode happened when I was trying to sleep before Christmas and I couldn't sleep that entire night because the image of a christmas tree kept getting slammed into my face.

I have an appointment coming up with a psychologist soon as we're looking at testing. I intend on seeing if they've ever heard of that. Thanks a bunch for your reply. :)

Vsanthos
04-20-2008, 11:23 AM
I have this problem a TON of the time. I'll just have a random thought or word come across my mind and it's like it just keeps going voer and over again for a few seconds. It's very frightening to me, I don't know why it's frightening, but it is.

louisrapisarda
04-20-2008, 04:32 PM
sounds more phobais then anxiety

jdawgzy
04-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Well, phobias are the common cause of anxiety.

blah27e
04-20-2008, 11:27 PM
yep. ive had this problem too. try to keep your mind busy.