PDA

View Full Version : :(

lucy88
03-20-2014, 02:34 PM
This week has been the worst week ever for me I feel like I have gone back to where I was 4 months ago. I've fallen out with my family lost a friend now my panic attacks are back with avengance I try to stop thinking but they come but they scare me they was getting less often now I'm having several a day is that normal to have? I wake up in the night with them and I find them the worst. I hope this don't last because I was like this for months last time.

NixonRulz
03-20-2014, 03:40 PM
This week has been the worst week ever for me I feel like I have gone back to where I was 4 months ago. I've fallen out with my family lost a friend now my panic attacks are back with avengance I try to stop thinking but they come but they scare me they was getting less often now I'm having several a day is that normal to have? I wake up in the night with them and I find them the worst. I hope this don't last because I was like this for months last time.

A huge problem when you are recovering is if you have a week like you are having

Because you had a bad day or bad week, it doesn't mean that you are getting worse

Recovery has ups and downs, takes some time and patience.

Focus on the progress you made and just glimpse at the rough patch you are facing

The progress you made can propel you through this bad time

It's not uncommon at all to have a bit of what some call a relapse.

But that doesn't mean you are getting worse

Just means you have some stress and your anxiety wanted to come out and play and you let it by buying in to your anxious thoughts

Use this time to think of what you could have done differently leading up to this

lucy88
03-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Thanks sometimes it feels good to moan on here. :)

bittersweetgirl
03-20-2014, 05:43 PM

Like nixon said, it's part of recovery... wish it was steadily upward, but it's not. I woke up to an anxiety attack myself after a bad dream, and then had another a few hours later (not panic attacks, but similar). I was frustrated because it seems so unfair for my sleeping brain to torment me like that! Made me work a bit harder today though, trying to get better.

It sounds like you've learned some tools that got you on a good track before - maybe try to focus on that, and not the current disappointment! Best wishes...

Niicole Lynne
03-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Hey everyone! How's it?
My good streak continues but tonight I'm a bit off
Iv had some thoughts today and been feeling kinda nervous and anxious like I'm waiting and expecting the panic
Still doing okay but just hoping to spark some convo and check in :)
Hope everyone is good

BrookeLynnnn
03-21-2014, 10:45 PM
Hey everyone! How's it? My good streak continues but tonight I'm a bit off Iv had some thoughts today and been feeling kinda nervous and anxious like I'm waiting and expecting the panic Still doing okay but just hoping to spark some convo and check in :) Hope everyone is good

Hey girly :) glad to hear you're doing good still!!

I'm going out places with no problem now, no anxious feeling but I always think about if I'm gonna have a panic attack.. Like you said, expecting it.. Does that go away with time?? I was wondering about this earlier.... Lol

Niicole Lynne
03-21-2014, 10:48 PM
Hey girly :) glad to hear you're doing good still!! I'm going out places with no problem now, no anxious feeling but I always think about if I'm gonna have a panic attack.. Like you said, expecting it.. Does that go away with time?? I was wondering about this earlier.... Lol

My therapist said it does with time
So I'm hoping so
It sucks cuz even tho were feeling good we still have a fear of the fear
How silly when u say it like that
But it's a real feeling and it sucks

BrookeLynnnn
03-21-2014, 10:52 PM
My therapist said it does with time So I'm hoping so It sucks cuz even tho were feeling good we still have a fear of the fear How silly when u say it like that But it's a real feeling and it sucks

Yes exactly!! Lol

Well that makes sense.. This is all so new to us so once we see that we have nothing to fear anymore, that feeling of expecting a PA will go away..

Ugh my therapist really needs to call with an appointment.. I went in almost 2 weeks ago & they said they'll have an opening in 2 weeks.. Blahhh lol.

Niicole Lynne
03-21-2014, 10:58 PM
Yes exactly!! Lol Well that makes sense.. This is all so new to us so once we see that we have nothing to fear anymore, that feeling of expecting a PA will go away.. Ugh my therapist really needs to call with an appointment.. I went in almost 2 weeks ago & they said they'll have an opening in 2 weeks.. Blahhh lol.

Mine is the same

2-3 weeks
I had one Wednesday but because iv been good we only did a half

BrookeLynnnn
03-21-2014, 11:04 PM
Mine is the same 2-3 weeks I had one Wednesday but because iv been good we only did a half

Good!! Sooooo glad to hear you're doing good!

:)

Niicole Lynne
03-21-2014, 11:07 PM
Good!! Sooooo glad to hear you're doing good! :)

You too hun :)

Thanks for the chat :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-21-2014, 11:16 PM
You too hun :) Thanks for the chat :)

Thank you!!

& of course! You can message me anytime you wanna talk!

needtogetwell
03-22-2014, 06:13 AM
Brooke & Nicole,

Yes the PAs will go away with time! As time goes by you will be less and less afraid. You will however accept the fact that they may come back from time to time. But you will know what is happening and they won't freak you out!!!

20+ years of this crap has at least taught me that much.

You have both come soooooo far in a short time. I am so proud of both of you! True success stories!

Here's to both of you and your continued success!

Cheers!!!!
Pam

NixonRulz
03-22-2014, 06:23 AM
Hey girly :) glad to hear you're doing good still!! I'm going out places with no problem now, no anxious feeling but I always think about if I'm gonna have a panic attack.. Like you said, expecting it.. Does that go away with time?? I was wondering about this earlier.... Lol

Your panic will stop once you stop fearing them

It usually varies how many people have before they finally get it through their head that it won't hurt you

Once you just look at it as you would a sneeze, then it stops

Take the fear of having them away, there is no fear to cause them

You both are learning this quickly I believe