PDA

View Full Version : propranalol/ under all and intermittent low blood pressure

ab123
03-20-2014, 01:58 PM
When I.stand up my heart rate goes to 150 bpm. Blood pressure goes way up too. I tried propranalol in the past and had awful aide effects, cold feet. Extreme mental fog. Weird feelings in chest, but with my heart rate So high..I can't get up to shower anymore, or feed myself.. so I may have to just take the beta blocker, I.also have low bp sometimes. 88/52 but intermittently..and normally a lower hr when I'm laying down, but I get spikes....anyways.. advice??? I'm looking my freaking mind. I'm not the same person anymore.

ab123
03-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Just kidding I'm at urgent care it went to 173

NixonRulz
03-20-2014, 03:12 PM
When I.stand up my heart rate goes to 150 bpm. Blood pressure goes way up too. I tried propranalol in the past and had awful aide effects, cold feet. Extreme mental fog. Weird feelings in chest, but with my heart rate So high..I can't get up to shower anymore, or feed myself.. so I may have to just take the beta blocker, I.also have low bp sometimes. 88/52 but intermittently..and normally a lower hr when I'm laying down, but I get spikes....anyways.. advice??? I'm looking my freaking mind. I'm not the same person anymore.

You're at Urgent Care now?

Can't anyone figure this mess out for you?

I wish I had some advice but I don't know what to say

Just thoughts and prayers coming your way

Keep us posted on how it goes

needtogetwell
03-20-2014, 03:36 PM
Thoughts and prayers with you Ab! Hope they get this mess sorted out for you! You deserve to have your life back!

You're one of the strongest ladies I have ever met! You are going to get well if you have to see every last doctor there is!

Take care, thinking of you.
Pam

Enduronman
03-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Atenolol....does not cross the blood brain barrier like propanolol does....

Thinking of you friend!!

E-Man.. :)

ab123
03-20-2014, 09:29 PM
They admitted me to the hospital again,.checking for adrenal tumors..and other scary shit right now, I need support:(

jessed03
03-20-2014, 09:33 PM
* hugs * you've got great spirit. Whatever happens, whatever outcome is reached, you've still got that. Hold onto that tightly right now.

Be safe. Be well. I'm sure a lot of this is just precautionary, and because insurance pays good rates for these tests.

ab123
03-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks, I know, But all the simple things have been ruled out...and since this isn't food allergies....or.going away.. I kind of only have scary options left.

ab123
03-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Thank you, anxiety left the building. Just scared now

jessed03
03-20-2014, 09:55 PM
You do fit the symptoms of an adrenal problem of some sort. A tumour is pretty severe, but adrenal issues of all degrees from minor to severe have symptoms like widely fluctuating blood pressure, weight loss, food allergies, insane heart rates.

Whatever is doing this has to come out and reveal itself for you to have a chance of getting better.

Really hope whatever it is, it comes back as something pretty simple for you to solve. If they find anything.

Some ilnesses that can cause blood pressure problems and stuff, can sound really scary, but can be treated, ya know?

If you ever feel bad, and wanna talk, we'll all here, and on Facebook.

ab123
03-20-2014, 10:43 PM
Thanks jessee. I think it's adrenal, it explains the panic also. Because I typically...don't feel this way, I can rationalize quickly...but now??

NeverToo...Fear
03-21-2014, 07:46 AM
I hope you are doing better, Alaina, and that maybe they can figure out what's wrong.. An explanation would be real good for the sake of just knowing what's causing all this. I just hope it's a benign and non threatening cause.

But there is plenty of support here for you whenever you need it here.. :)

em1
03-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Ab123 thoughts are with you,they will find what it is and fix you Hun,please keep us informed on how your getting on,hugs from a crossed the pond x

ab123
03-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys!! Means a lot.. I've got it.narrowed down to two things, pheochromacytoma, and hyperadrengenic pots. All the symptoms are the for both but I'd rather have the tumor because it can be removed

Enduronman
03-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Thinking of you friend!!
Hope they can find the answers too...

Try to make this a good day AB!!

Enduronman.... :)

jessed03
03-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks guys!! Means a lot.. I've got it.narrowed down to two things, pheochromacytoma, and hyperadrengenic pots. All the symptoms are the for both but I'd rather have the tumor because it can be removed

Does that correlate with any of your test results, or is it just your instinct so far?

ab123
03-21-2014, 11:59 AM
The doctors instinct then I googled it..and agreed lol.:)

ab123
03-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Thanks guys. The nurses keep pumping me full of ativan.. and I don't mind Because the benefit outweighs the risk for now. It helps me deal. Otherwise I'm crying. I can't use the restroom without assistance, lost all of my privacy. And can't shower because the doctor doesn't want the heart monitor off.

Blessed
03-21-2014, 12:32 PM
You're in my thoughts and prayers today and always, hope things are going well for you today :)

hh93
03-21-2014, 12:37 PM
hope you are ok

jessed03
03-21-2014, 12:46 PM
The doctors instinct then I googled it..and agreed lol.:)

Your instincts are ridiculous, so..

Hope it leads to something fruitful.

I'll be interested to hear if anything develops from the things you and your doc suspect. You were the first to figure out that *cough kyle trolled cough* after all lol. You'll figure this.

I feel so bad for you, you've got food allergies screwing up your body wreaking havoc on your nervous system and everything else, then you have a potential adrenal type/pots/other issue here. Damn. No wonder you feel so unwell.

Are the hospital able to give you the right foods? I can't imagine you telling them you can't eat like 20 different types of food :) lucky your insurance pays, if you were getting free healthcare like over here, they'd just throw you an apple and tell you to fuck off lol

Darkcloud
03-21-2014, 01:11 PM
Thanks guys. The nurses keep pumping me full of ativan.. and I don't mind Because the benefit outweighs the risk for now. It helps me deal. Otherwise I'm crying. I can't use the restroom without assistance, lost all of my privacy. And can't shower because the doctor doesn't want the heart monitor off.

I'm sorry, I hope they figure out what's going on with you and get you the right treatment!

ab123
03-21-2014, 10:55 PM
Thanks! and Jesse, you're right about my stupid instinct. dangit!! you all are so special to me. I couldn't do it without you!!!!

ab123
03-22-2014, 03:12 PM
I am just waiting for test results. And dealing with a nurse that is super forgetful. But I'm hanging in there...thanks for asking.

Enduronman
03-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Waiting for your reply Ab!!! :)

E-Man... :D

Dahila
03-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Alaina how are you doing? Keep posting please, even the shortest post is good

ab123
03-22-2014, 07:03 PM
I'm defeated discouraged and exhausted. I just need to know what in up against. I had another episode of 160 just trying to use the restroom. I can barely type

Fourteen14
03-22-2014, 07:08 PM
I'm defeated discouraged and exhausted. I just need to know what in up against. I had another episode of 160 just trying to use the restroom. I can barely type

Did you get anywhere with the brain scan?

This must be really tough for you to go through this :(

ab123
03-22-2014, 08:09 PM
They haven't eveb gotten that far yet. Just the 24 hour urine for the pheochromacytoma, which is scary as hell to think about.

ab123
03-23-2014, 07:12 AM
New day New attitude. I woke up today and I decided I am going to have a better attitudes than yesterday, you may not believe but god really took some of the scariness away as I slept last night. Much needed

needtogetwell
03-23-2014, 07:29 AM
New day New attitude. I woke up today and I decided I am going to have a better attitudes than yesterday, you may not believe but god really took some of the scariness away as I slept last night. Much needed

Glad you have a better outlook today!

Hoping you find answers really soon!
Thinking of you.
Pam

Enduronman
03-23-2014, 10:24 AM
AB!!!!!!!! :)

Hope this day is great ! :)

E-Man....

ab123
03-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Thanks guys, I just spoke to a dietician who helped me understand the food allergies better..and hoping for some answers

Enduronman
03-23-2014, 10:38 AM
We are hopeful to you to friend...
Thinking of you today!!
Let us know what they have learned too...

E-Man.. :)

ab123
03-23-2014, 12:34 PM
The 24 hour urine test didn't reveal much for a pheochromacytoma, but they are still going to check by CT scan because of my symptoms.. they are sending me to another hospital that is more specialized in treating rare or hard to find things.. Oregon Health and Science University. OHSU. Its kind of like a cleavland clinic , or mayo.. just smaller scale. Thank god! I have a better attitude today except for TMI FOR YOU GUYS. They have me on a blood thinner..and I just started my....yeah. pretty uncomfortable. But I am doing okay still!! And I will find this monster... and I will find this monster!!!!

ab123
03-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Why is it scary may i ask ?? Other than you been googling too much like a naughty girl :)

I did google, but at this point I don't trust the doctors so I want to make sure they aren't missing anything. They sending me to a better hospital so that's what matters..
:) yay

Enduronman
03-23-2014, 01:20 PM
They're sending you to the big one now???.....tell em to make up their minds!!

E-Man... :)

ab123
03-23-2014, 01:20 PM
I don't mind, go for it for wells.

jessed03
03-23-2014, 01:24 PM
Hopefully your new hospital has better Skye ;) glad to see you more cheerful though Alaina!!

ab123
03-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Thanks jesee! And thanks everyone for thy support. I really can't wait to get this straightened out..

Enduronman
03-23-2014, 01:32 PM
Hey I wanna Skye too..with you Skye wiff me to frraaaannnn??? LMAO!!! :)

E-Man... :D :D

jessed03
03-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Hey I wanna Skye too..with you Skye wiff me to frraaaannnn??? LMAO!!! :)

E-Man... :D :D

Lol *skype.

Tired today

Enduronman
03-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Pwweetttyyyy pwwweeeaaassseeee skype wif tha Eman AB????..... :) :)

Enduronman.. bahaaaaaha!!!!

ab123
03-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Yes EMAN!! I will Skype with you, let me know your username..or ill try to find you.

Wells.
I agree with what you are saying, I think that this has caused so much stress who knows how much of this has been worsened by the emotional trauma. The one thing I know though is it keeps persisting even when I am calm.. even when I feel safe at the doctors I still stand up and it went to 180 this last time, I almost passed out the nurses caught me. So, I think for me..at least at first.. I really want to try to find an answer. because if it is something simple I can do like a drug, or therapy to help this..i wanna start there first. if eventually there is no answer I will just do what I can to treat the symptoms and look for natural cures...does this make sense...? or did I take what you said out of context?

ab123
03-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Sorry I haven't got on. Pretty much diagnosed with pots. Trying to cope. :(

Dahila
03-26-2014, 07:15 AM
No good, you can help yourself a bit with the below

Have a high fluid intake (over two litres per day or until urine is clear-coloured).
Some patients are advised to increase dietary salt by 2-4 g per day (only after advice from a doctor - not in hyperadrenergic POTS).
Regular exercise - swimming is ideal.
Sleep with the head end of the bed elevated (a brick may be used).
Wear strong support tights (class 3, waist high).
Have small frequent meals, low in refined carbohydrate - ie avoid sugars, white flour.
Avoid excessive standing and sitting, heat and alcohol.
Do postural manoeuvres to avoid fainting/dizziness - eg lie down and elevate the legs if possible; otherwise, cross the legs and squeeze the thighs together, and tightly clench the buttocks and fists.
Drink water rapidly - two glasses of water drunk quickly has been shown to reduce heart rate in POTS.

ab123
03-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Thanks dahlia! I really appreciate that a lot.... I will do my best!!

Blessed
03-26-2014, 06:30 PM
Thinking of you today :)

ab123
03-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Thank you blessed. I am feeling a little better...mentally lol.

NixonRulz
03-26-2014, 07:15 PM
Thank you blessed. I am feeling a little better...mentally lol.

Are you still in the hospital?

jessed03
03-26-2014, 08:25 PM
Tell them to hurry up and fix you already. I miss talking to you at 3am when I can't sleep...

ab123
03-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Nixon, I'm out of the hospital.. still having bad days unfortunately. :( Jesse, I know.. ! That always used to help me but now I'm so tired I don't even get on here as much! I know it will get better...it has before! I've talked to a lot of people with POTS and they say there are good and bad days. and boy will I cherish the good days now! Thank god for benzos. lol