PDA

View Full Version : Another question....

dt98
03-20-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm having a lot of pain in my left armpit and next to my heart... Is this normal? Also threw up earlier.... My left arm has been numb for a little over a week (all along my arm to my pinky... And whenever I touch the inside of my arm(you know what i mean (bicep) I feel pain... Its not like that for my other arm... I know I've been posting way too much but I need to talk to people who know what they are talking about... Any reply is appreciated :(

NixonRulz
03-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Have you done anything that could have strained your arm? Workout or something similar?

Armpit pain doesn't sound like it is anything serious

I don't believe if you could feel soreness in your arm when you poke it would have anything to do with the heart

Have you been to the doc recently and had your heart checked just to give you some reassurance?

AliasEQ
03-20-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm having a lot of pain in my left armpit and next to my heart... Is this normal? Also threw up earlier.... My left arm has been numb for a little over a week (all along my arm to my pinky... And whenever I touch the inside of my arm(you know what i mean (bicep) I feel pain... Its not like that for my other arm... I know I've been posting way too much but I need to talk to people who know what they are talking about... Any reply is appreciated :(

I've had this. Was really worried it might be something dangerous. Told my doc about it and I did EKG, blood tests and lung test. Nothing wrong. My muscles was really tense from all the stress and worry.

I'm sure it's nothing. To be sure, for your own sake, go get it checked.

dt98
03-20-2014, 11:53 AM
I went to the hospital 2 weeks ago and got a EKG, blood and urine test EKG came back fine.. Haven't gotten the results for the blood and urine test... I wish I could go to the doctors again but whenever I tell my parents they just tell me to calm down... Maybe sleeping on my arm? Or could I have a pinched nerve?.... Idk its just I'm really worried because I'm taking medication (Sertraline) and I'm still feeling like this...Plus I don't want to die at 16... :(

AliasEQ
03-20-2014, 12:27 PM
I went to the hospital 2 weeks ago and got a EKG, blood and urine test EKG came back fine.. Haven't gotten the results for the blood and urine test... I wish I could go to the doctors again but whenever I tell my parents they just tell me to calm down... Maybe sleeping on my arm? Or could I have a pinched nerve?.... Idk its just I'm really worried because I'm taking medication (Sertraline) and I'm still feeling like this...Plus I don't want to die at 16... :(

Chill, you're okay. If docs tells you you're fine, then trust them. Yes, maybe slept on your arm or something. But I'm sure it's nothing, stop worrying. Stop googling.

How long have you been on Sertraline?

dt98
03-20-2014, 12:28 PM
3-4 days...

AliasEQ
03-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I believe it kicks in after 2-3 weeks. So just take it easy, relax and stop worrying.

dt98
03-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Is it safe to take Advil with it? Because my head hurts.... And I'm burning up...

dt98
03-20-2014, 01:52 PM
Or can I help my headache naturally?

AliasEQ
03-20-2014, 02:02 PM
You should ask your doc about that. If you haven't, then I would say avoid it. It can lead to bleeding problems in the stomach and intestines. Even though the risk is small, I'd not take them together.

Try to reduce stress as much as possible. Take a relaxing bath, listen to some relaxing music or meditate. Meditation really helps. Go to youtube and search for "David Mcgraw". Listen to one of his videos, that should get you relaxed.

dt98
03-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Kinda hard to remove stress when you don't have a clue if you are going to die or not and can do nothing about it :(

dt98
03-20-2014, 02:17 PM
And I can't take a bath... My body is way too warm already...

AliasEQ
03-20-2014, 02:33 PM
You won't die lol. Believe me, I've been there. So have the majority of this forum, stop scaring yourself. What you're thinking is irrational. You are 16, you've had a doc visit and you've done tests. Use this as arguments against your irrational thoughts.

Take a shower, not too warm and not too cold water. Also, try stretching alot.