PDA

View Full Version : Naps

mellymel
03-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Whenever I wake up from a nap, I feel scared. I don't know why, well sometimes I do, but most of the time I can't really pinpoint why I'm scared. I just wakeup super anxious , shaky, and scared. And it's typically only when I nap. Anyone else?

NixonRulz
03-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Whenever I wake up from a nap, I feel scared. I don't know why, well sometimes I do, but most of the time I can't really pinpoint why I'm scared. I just wakeup super anxious , shaky, and scared. And it's typically only when I nap. Anyone else?

I do but it is usually because I think someone saw me under my desk at work

I used to wake up panicking often

Not sure why but it never really bothered me like the ones when I was awake

Common when you are real anxious to wake up that way

Darkcloud
03-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Yes! I don't take naps anymore. I used to wake up with my heart racing and really disoriented.

mellymel
03-19-2014, 08:18 PM
I think it's because once when I took a nap, I woke up to something terrible that happened. So now I guess I just wake up scared that something has happened. Not to mention when I'm falling asleep my mind drift to the weirdest places, but what else is new lol.

mellymel
03-19-2014, 08:30 PM
scared or stimulated . Is there fear behind it when you wake

Good question...maybe both?

I usually fall asleep in my daughters room with her and so I panic when I wake up thinking did I do something to her in my sleep...sometimes I'm a little disoriented...sometimes I'm just shaky.

NixonRulz
03-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Good question...maybe both? I usually fall asleep in my daughters room with her and so I panic when I wake up thinking did I do something to her in my sleep...sometimes I'm a little disoriented...sometimes I'm just shaky.

Intrusive thoughts suck

That us a horrible feeling when you think such things

It's not right since it is nowhere near what you would ever do

Know those intrusive thoughts are caused by anxiety, not what you really think

Worst symptom ever of anxiety.