PDA

View Full Version : Not able to sleep. Ever! Please help!

8damien8
03-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Hey everyone,

I had a lot of big changes in my life lately (got married, we bought a house and moved in, had a miscarriage, long cold winter, and busy work schedule).

About 3 months ago, this all happened, and I started having a lot of trouble falling asleep.

I'm at the point now, where I can't seek to fall asleep at all. I'm up all night, then I can't manage to sleep in the day even, and the next night, I'm nervous about the same thing... and thus, it happens again.

Has anyone dealt with anything like this? It feels like torture!

Please help :)

tezbag
03-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Magical pills called benadryl... pink magical pills.

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 05:56 PM
Magical pills called benadryl... pink magical pills.

Yes,..they do help! zzzzzzzzz

NixonRulz
03-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Hey everyone, I had a lot of big changes in my life lately (got married, we bought a house and moved in, had a miscarriage, long cold winter, and busy work schedule). About 3 months ago, this all happened, and I started having a lot of trouble falling asleep. I'm at the point now, where I can't seek to fall asleep at all. I'm up all night, then I can't manage to sleep in the day even, and the next night, I'm nervous about the same thing... and thus, it happens again. Has anyone dealt with anything like this? It feels like torture! Please help :)

Hi and welcome

Uh, everyone that has an anxiety disorder has went through the same thing for the most part

You are going through a lot, which is stressful

Stress brings on anxiety if you are susceptible to it

Anxiety often prevents sleep because of fear

Fear compounds even more fear

You are in the same boat as many others

Dahila
03-19-2014, 06:09 PM
benadryl is for short time only, people abuse it, and it is not good.

NixonRulz
03-19-2014, 06:10 PM
benadryl is for short time only, people abuse it, and it is not good.

Didn't you do shots of Benadryl with me at the last pub crawl, Dahila? LOL

Dahila
03-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Didn't you do shots of Benadryl with me at the last pub crawl, Dahila? LOL

No Nixon it was Ativan on the rocks....:(( you already forgot?

Ugly Dog
03-19-2014, 06:28 PM
Hello and welcome!

Well, what works for me (5 out of 10 times, at least) is meditation. It's very hard in the beggining but once you get used to it, it's a breeze and very helpful.
You could try camomile tea, too. I personally don't like it, so I drink coffee because it makes me sleepy for some reason.
Or you could try to do things that relax you. Once you clear your mind, you will be able to sleep. :)

Dahila
03-19-2014, 06:32 PM
Hello and welcome!

Well, what works for me (5 out of 10 times, at least) is meditation. It's very hard in the beggining but once you get used to it, it's a breeze and very helpful.
You could try camomile tea, too. I personally don't like it, so I drink coffee because it makes me sleepy for some reason.
Or you could try to do things that relax you. Once you clear your mind, you will be able to sleep. :)

I am a fun of that, and with the regular meditation I could cut my meds in half....Meditation is an awesome tool :)

Ugly Dog
03-19-2014, 06:45 PM
I am a fun of that, and with the regular meditation I could cut my meds in half....Meditation is an awesome tool :)

Agree. Meditation does wonders. :)

8damien8
03-19-2014, 07:49 PM
Agree. Meditation does wonders. :)

Can I ask what sort of meditation you do?

Thank you :)

Ugly Dog
03-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Can I ask what sort of meditation you do?

Thank you :)

I do concentration meditation. I do it at night and lying in bed. First, you have to close your eyes, take slow breaths and focus on how the air comes in and out of your body and nothing more. Pay attention on how you breathe (don't let it go on automatic!) and count to 2 over and over again, so you keep your mind on something that will not cause you any anxiety. If you find it hard to concentrate, open your eyes, get confortable and try again. Do it until you sleep.
You can do it during the day but sitting either in a pillow or a chair. I don't like it because my back hurts, so I always lie somewhere. :p Great stress reliever anytime :)
It gets easier as you do it :)

Missyme
03-20-2014, 06:46 PM
Hello,

Eliminate your smart phone, Ipad and all other electronic gadgets from your bedroom before sleep. I recommend reading and a hot bath (and I mean hot lol - let those muscles burn and relax!) before bed. Chamomile tea actually helped me in the past too when I couldn't sleep. Combine the 3 together...I dare you! :O