PDA

View Full Version : Effexor sweating...

Niicole Lynne
03-19-2014, 03:20 PM
I feel like I need to apologize when I repost about something but I honestly couldn't find it lol

Does Effexor make you sweat profusely
Either I'm 23 and going through menopause or I'm blaming the meds
I sweat at the most random times and it's not a little
My hair line is like drenched ... I know gross lol
But it's so hard to deal with especially being a teacher I can't just whip off layers or run out side when I want

stp4779
03-19-2014, 03:25 PM
I've noticed that I get a lot of night sweats... waking up wet :( I know for sure I get sweats if I accidentally miss my dose of Effexor, but I suppose it's possible it's causing it too!

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Apparently very common with the effexor,,BUT,,it is supposed to pass over time.
How long have you been taking this and did this just start happening???....
You feel better overall I take?????

Enduronman :)

needtogetwell
03-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Very very common with Effexor! As long as you take it, the sweating will probably be with you.

You just have to decide what sucks less, living like a sweatball or going back to life without Effexor. I'm willing to bet you will choose the sweating!

Hang in there!
Pam

needtogetwell
03-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Apparently very common with the effexor,,BUT,,it is supposed to pass over time. How long have you been taking this and did this just start happening???.... You feel better overall I take????? Enduronman :)

Doesn't get better over time for some! I was unlucky that way and was a dripping sweat ball for the better part of 10 years.

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 03:32 PM
well shit!!!
I don't think she started with effexor either, if I recall it was something else...
I can't keep up with everybody!!

E-Man...:)

Niicole Lynne
03-19-2014, 03:33 PM
Hahahaha great responses
eman-
Month in total on the pill
2 weeks at 150 mg and the sweating started when I upped the dose

And good to know it's common
And yes pam... I definitely choose sweating as I have been feeling WONDERFUL lately!! Seriously... I can't explain it

It's just annoying but now that I know it's common I'm not going to worry about it haha

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 03:34 PM
It must reeealllllyyyyy rev up the internal metabolism then...I suppose if you wanted to lose weight, here's how to do it then..
Sorry Nicole!!!
Live with it, or switch according the Gen. Pam...

E-Man..

Niicole Lynne
It also sucks when I stop sweating then I'm freezing lol

needtogetwell
Hahahaha great responses eman- Month in total on the pill 2 weeks at 150 mg and the sweating started when I upped the dose And good to know it's common And yes pam... I definitely choose sweating as I have been feeling WONDERFUL lately!! Seriously... I can't explain it It's just annoying but now that I know it's common I'm not going to worry about it haha

Your new avatar shows how good you feel. Is the picture recent?

Niicole Lynne
03-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Your new avatar shows how good you feel. Is the picture recent?

Fairly recent
Just dyed my hair darker recently tho lol :)

needtogetwell
03-19-2014, 03:37 PM
It must reeealllllyyyyy rev up the internal metabolism then...I suppose if you wanted to lose weight, here's how to do it then.. Sorry Nicole!!! Live with it, or switch according the Gen. Pam... E-Man..

No such luck with the metabolism. You just sweat. Effexor helped me pack on about 60lbs.

18 months post Effexor I've lost 45 without even trying!

Niicole Lynne
03-19-2014, 03:38 PM
No such luck with the metabolism. You just sweat. Effexor helped me pack on about 60lbs. 18 months post Effexor I've lost 45 without even trying!

Lol well weight is the last thing I want so let's hope I'm special and it makes it go away lol :)

needtogetwell
03-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Lol well weight is the last thing I want so let's hope I'm special and it makes it go away lol :)

You are special sweetie! And I'm praying to the Effexor god to be kind to you and rev up that metabolism of yours!

Lol. :D