PDA

View Full Version : Adding abilify to prozac

KIKI74
03-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Just came back from GP and she thinks that i should add Abilify to Prozac since i am not getting the relief I need. Its now being used as an add on for those who symptoms persist. First day taking it was not superb: was sooo dizzy and tired. I am only taking 1 mg too. Time will tell

NixonRulz
03-19-2014, 01:44 PM
I have heard some really good things about that from a bunch here

EMan I believe is one who takes it and has been for some time

I'm sure he will chime in

Good for you about telling your doc you need more that what you are taking

I hope it works well for you

jessed03
03-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Emans gonna orgasm when he sees this med combo. It's one of his favourites.

KIKI74
03-19-2014, 04:30 PM
OMG, well so far i am froggy and might need to take it a night

NixonRulz
03-19-2014, 06:08 PM
Everyone given this gets a low dose.......why the frig did they give me 10 mg immediately! :(

Because you kick ass and if you can't handle it, who could?

That or you doc is clueless.

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Just came back from GP and she thinks that i should add Abilify to Prozac since i am not getting the relief I need. Its now being used as an add on for those who symptoms persist. First day taking it was not superb: was sooo dizzy and tired. I am only taking 1 mg too. Time will tell

OMGAWWWDDDDD!!!!

YAY!!! A sensible, rational,.logical, Doc you have!!! LOVE IT!!!!
1mg, is a perfect place to start,....yes,,,I did Jesse! he he...

Keep us updated as to how it goes, I take this every day...with success.

E-Man.. :)

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Everyone given this gets a low dose.......why the frig did they give me 10 mg immediately! :(

Yes Frankie,...10mg was alot to start out dear.
Hell they make it in 2, 5, 10mgs...
You can break it in half..
Do you have a plan together yet Frankie????

anxietycat
03-19-2014, 06:27 PM
OMGAWWWDDDDD!!!! YAY!!! A sensible, rational,.logical, Doc you have!!! LOVE IT!!!! 1mg, is a perfect place to start,....yes,,,I did Jesse! he he... Keep us updated as to how it goes, I take this every day...with success. E-Man.. :)

I want some damn abilify!!!

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 06:55 PM
I want some damn abilify!!!

It's considered an "add-on" so just ask for it!!!....when AD's just don't cut it..

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Try as I might, not really! All I know is it's a showdown at noon and if they start in on the GP giving me Xanax then I will lose it!

Gotta get what you need Frankie!!! Gonna take more than a Xanax dear!!!

E-Man... grrrr :)

KIKI74
03-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Enduroman, do you take it in morning or at night? I took it this am and felt very dizzy and tired. Is this normal in the begining? Does it stop after a while?

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 07:15 PM
I split the dose,..but since you're only taking 1mg right now to start, that's already a small enough amount.
I take it during the late am because it also acts as an anti-anxiety medication too, it is calming
I take the other half in late afternoon early evening to help with creating some sedating effects..
The dizziness and tiredness does lessen over time and it does work in the dopamine areas of the brain whereas AD's work on another area.
May take a few days to get used too..
It has helped quite abit, as my life is somewhat hectic and it adds a sense of "I dont want to strangle everyone" and alot of "YAY" even in the midst of hell and horrors...:)

I think you'll like it!
Take in the evenings until you get used to it, and they up your dose to 2mg then split it up am/pm....

Enduronman.. :)

KIKI74
03-20-2014, 06:36 AM
for now 1 mg is too much for me so I have split it another time. not easy considering the size of the pill. so i am attempting roughly 0.5 mg. although I hope to find some relief, i hate the idea of taking more meds...went to see my bf yesterday and he honestly doesn't care that I might be bipolar or anxious or depressed. its just a name he says....but i still feel very anxious around him....I feel pressure to be OK. he asks me 3 times in an evening: hows it going? how are you feeling?

KIKI74
03-20-2014, 08:05 AM
Hey Kiki :)

When your BF asks you that just tell him ....all the better for knowing you care. :)

In time he may worry less but for now what a blessing to have someone who thinks of you with patience and kindness. :) it may be that you are interpreting it as pressure rather than maybe looking at it as support? IDK as I've not read enough to say so if I'm wrong, sorry!

It's good you're taking your new med nice and slow and hopefully in time it will be a great benefit.

Yes I know he is trying to be supportive but it does put pressure on me. he is like that with hi daughter too. always asking. too much is like too little.

and yes hoping the new med will kick in gradually. so far i am not groggy like yesterday thats for sure

Enduronman
03-20-2014, 11:05 AM
It is pretty powerful stuff that's for sure. And yes .5 is a tiny amount, but possible to cut though too..
Hope today is a better day Kiki!!

Keep us updated..

Enduronman.. :)

KIKI74
03-22-2014, 07:18 AM
quick question, tried to have a very small glass of wine and got a headache almost within 15 minutes. can we have alcool (small dosage) with abilify and none at all?

KIKI74
03-26-2014, 10:57 AM
ok so I have been taking Abilify since last Wednesday using 0.5 mg. I upped it to 1 mg last Sunday and taling it at night but I get bad nausea and dizziness in the morning. Will this last long?

BTW, doing better!