PDA

View Full Version : Pristiq..

BrookeLynnnn
03-19-2014, 11:47 AM
Anyone take this or know anything about it?

My friend is interested in it for depression but weary of taking any meds.

anxietycat
03-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Anyone take this or know anything about it? My friend is interested in it for depression but weary of taking any meds.

I have a friend who's taken it for years and loves it. She was put on it after a cancer scare and she lost her shit.

jessed03
03-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Not a fan of it either. The med was only slightly more effective than placebo in THREE studies. You have to go on quite high doses before it was substantially more effective than placebo. We're talking upto 400mg.

Doesn't really seem worth it to me.

At lower doses, you'd probably have a better time just exercising and meditating.

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 01:03 PM
Not a fan either...my daughter took it for over a month.
Made her more depressed, flat, to herself..
was not a helpful medication
and I would ALWAYS start out with the super mild, and well tolerated..PROZAC before anything else...

Jus saying..

Have a great day all!!

Enduronman... :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Thank you everyone!! I'll relay the message..

She was on Prozac for 20 years before.
& has been off for a few years.

NixonRulz
03-19-2014, 01:35 PM
I have a friend who's taken it for years and loves it. She was put on it after a cancer scare and she lost her shit.

I know it's not funny that she had cancer but I laugh often at your writing style.

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Thank you everyone!! I'll relay the message..

She was on Prozac for 20 years before.
& has been off for a few years.

Go back to what worked...:)

E-Man.....

elsa
04-16-2014, 12:51 AM
I love pristiq. I'm on 150mg. I rarely notice anxiety anymore. The worst part is I sweat like crazy when I'm sleeping & often wake up wet, which had never happened previously. But my dreams are super vivid & usually really erotic which I love. Prozac killed my sex drive but pristiq has brought it back.