PDA

View Full Version : Vegas

jjh333
03-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Boyfriend is going to Vegas tomorrow morning for the weekend with his friends.

I trust him, but anxiety is sticking little thoughts and worries into my head that just keep getting bigger when I wasn't worried at all until this morning.

I could use a pep talk!

butterfly82
03-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Oh! I've been there before and know exactly what you are feeling. So schedule some girl time--pick up your favorite chick flicks--get a pedicure. Basically keep busy. I would suggest not calling him either. It's great you can trust him, so prove it to him by not bringing the trip up or digging too deep with questions. It's a sign of respect for guys and it'll make you feel strong too.

You will be ok! Just keep busy and do stuff you enjoy too :)

anxietyawayproject
03-19-2014, 12:14 PM
you will be fine believe me,watch some very good comedies and get a big portion of laugh,distract your attention from negative thoughts,do some walkings,sport

jessed03
03-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Vegas baby!

Anything in particular you're concerned about? Cheating, losing all your money?

Sassybot
03-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Urgh it's so annoying when they need them time isn't it :p My boyfriend goes away with part of his hobby. So far I've learnt to enjoy the first two days (girl/you time is so goood) but by day three I've decided he's off with some leggy blonde!

Keep yourself distracted as everyones mentioned, and if you feel it getting too much come online and say so :)

jjh333
03-19-2014, 02:30 PM
I guess just drunk cheating but also just anxious about being like forgotten about and also just anxious about being anxious without him to talk to.

A great mix of things which is probably why it's bothering me so much

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 02:36 PM
Just watch the Hangover while he's gone...to make you laugh!!! And hope that he doesnt get put on the roof!!!...

You've gotta trust, in order to love..no trust, no love.

Have a great day J!!!

Enduronman :)

jjh333
03-19-2014, 04:04 PM
you're right eman but when the little anxiety thoughts start going its hard to be logical!

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Oh I know!! I just got a call from my X wife and mother of the 2 daughters that she abandoned...I didn't get a word in!!!
I suddenly want to strangle her...again. AYYAAAYAYA!!!

grrrr

It'll be fine, he will have all of his teeth, not tiger in the bathroom,,,and no sun burn either!

Smile J!

E-Man.. :)

jjh333
03-19-2014, 05:00 PM
I need to! This is the worst I've felt in a long time... makes me feel too co dependent and worry about being alone

NixonRulz
03-19-2014, 05:09 PM
I need to! This is the worst I've felt in a long time... makes me feel too co dependent and worry about being alone

Remember, Jillian. It's just your anxious mind that is taking over

Understand that for what it is. Let the thoughts come but dismiss them as your anxiety

You know enough about this illness. Think to what you have told others

Take your own advice

Let it go and enjoy yourself while he is gone

Time away is good sometimes.

jjh333
03-19-2014, 09:45 PM
You are right as usual.

Just gotta remind myself I'm being illogical and try to let my logical side take over

jjh333
03-20-2014, 04:08 PM
said goodbye this morning at like 4 am and i've been totally fine all day until now

i've been good about ignoring all of those little intrusive thoughts but now theyre starting to sneak in and take over

needtogetwell
03-20-2014, 05:21 PM
said goodbye this morning at like 4 am and i've been totally fine all day until now i've been good about ignoring all of those little intrusive thoughts but now theyre starting to sneak in and take over

SHUT THE DOOR!!!! Don't let them in!!!!

You can do it, I know you can!

Pam

Enduronman
03-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Now, go have some fun like your friends suggested too!!

Have a good night...

E-Man.. :)

GeneAllen
03-20-2014, 07:40 PM
Times like these make you stronger, as you depend on yourself to comfort you. Nobody can do that like you. It's not easy, and I'm not trying to simplify it, just saying be good to yourself, and the intrusive thoughts are okay, just set them aside as you can and have a little fun, and keep recalling how you are doing this now. Be very proud of yourself, lots of people without anxiety can't do this well. You're probably concerned for his safety, but just know he is capable of caring for himself and he'll not forget you either. Smi;le at how far you've come.

Peace friend.

jjh333
03-21-2014, 06:20 PM
I survived night one and almost day two.

He didnt call or text when he was back at the hotel safely last night which is usually just a trigger for me because my mind starts racing like crazy but I just glanced at my phone and went back to bed. He apologized this morning and then everythings been fine.

heres to two more nights and one more day!

NixonRulz
03-21-2014, 07:05 PM
I survived night one and almost day two. He didnt call or text when he was back at the hotel safely last night which is usually just a trigger for me because my mind starts racing like crazy but I just glanced at my phone and went back to bed. He apologized this morning and then everythings been fine. heres to two more nights and one more day!

That's great, Jillian

Stay as strong as you are

GeneAllen
03-21-2014, 07:10 PM
If you have did this well this long, you got this girlie. Stay strong.

Peace

needtogetwell
03-22-2014, 04:06 AM
Way to go Jillian! You have a great guy there!

jjh333
03-22-2014, 03:10 PM
i'm hungover today which always makes me anxious but still doing okay! I've been super busy which helps.

Thanks for continuing to answer when I get uneasy... you guys are making this a lot easier for me!

needtogetwell
03-22-2014, 04:29 PM
You must be almost there by now! You're doing great!

When does he come home?

jjh333
03-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Well I thought it was noon tomorrow but it's actually midnight tomorrow night! So one more night and day

butterfly82
03-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Tomorrow is tomorrow no matter the time. That's great news :)

needtogetwell
03-23-2014, 06:17 AM
Finish line in sight!!!! YAY!!!!

Be proud of yourself! You have done really really well!

Cheers!
Pam

GeneAllen
03-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Looking forward to hearing the good news, and hearting about your triumphs.
Peace

jjh333
03-25-2014, 02:38 PM
I was asleep by the time he got in sunday night but he landed safely and I got to see him last night. Thanks to all for checking in when I was insecure and needed some support!

butterfly82
03-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Glad he's home and your mind can be at ease again :)

jessed03
03-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Good stuff Jillian!

Tell him to make a thread and check in with us tomorrow, just so we know you haven't killed him for losing the house at blackjack ;)

Jaco808
03-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Keep yourself and your mind busy and hang out with some friends, watch movies, go to a club or something.
Definitely takes the edge off of anything else for me. Hopefully it will work for you.

*Edit* Late post.. Didn't see that he got home by the time i typed this message.. Lol

NixonRulz
03-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Keep yourself and your mind busy and hang out with some friends, watch movies, go to a club or something. Definitely takes the edge off of anything else for me. Hopefully it will work for you.

No. He already came home

You must have missed the last page

Or you have dial up service and it took that long to show up as a post! LOL

Jaco808
03-25-2014, 04:52 PM
No. He already came home

You must have missed the last page

Or you have dial up service and it took that long to show up as a post! LOL
Must have..