PDA

View Full Version : I have a weird one here ocd or panic disorder?

Jrp21
03-19-2014, 02:26 AM
I suffer from real bad anxiety. Anyways, I suffer from sensimotor ocd too. I've been fighting it but it got me. I was at the movies and we were sitting pretty far back (300) and I have bad eyes so the thought of straining came across and I didn't want to do it but the anxiety built up and next thing you know I'm doing it. While doing that I go right into a full blown panic attack because It made me dizzy so I shut my eyes and was still dizzy. It stopped about 5 sec later but now that's in my head. Now, was this caused by panic disorder or ocd in your opinion. If its anxiety causing this next time it happens I can just say its just anxiety it will pass which helps me big time. But if its ocd that's a different story. I think its panic disorder because isn't ocd you do stuff to prevent anxiety. Like wash your hands every 20 min to make you feel better. With this, there was a build up in my head of what would happen to me if I strain real hard. It took some time but it was unleashed. I was concerned what would happen if I did it and that was the unknown for me which caused the build up anxiety. Now I don't want round 2. That would really stink if I strain over and over all day. Its been a week and haven't done it since then but the fear is there. What do you you guys think panic or ocd on this one? Thanks. I made an appointment to docs but that's not til April 9.

NixonRulz
03-19-2014, 07:32 AM
I suffer from real bad anxiety. Anyways, I suffer from sensimotor ocd too. I've been fighting it but it got me. I was at the movies and we were sitting pretty far back (300) and I have bad eyes so the thought of straining came across and I didn't want to do it but the anxiety built up and next thing you know I'm doing it. While doing that I go right into a full blown panic attack because It made me dizzy so I shut my eyes and was still dizzy. It stopped about 5 sec later but now that's in my head. Now, was this caused by panic disorder or ocd in your opinion. If its anxiety causing this next time it happens I can just say its just anxiety it will pass which helps me big time. But if its ocd that's a different story. I think its panic disorder because isn't ocd you do stuff to prevent anxiety. Like wash your hands every 20 min to make you feel better. With this, there was a build up in my head of what would happen to me if I strain real hard. It took some time but it was unleashed. I was concerned what would happen if I did it and that was the unknown for me which caused the build up anxiety. Now I don't want round 2. That would really stink if I strain over and over all day. Its been a week and haven't done it since then but the fear is there. What do you you guys think panic or ocd on this one? Thanks. I made an appointment to docs but that's not til April 9.

It sounds to me like a panic attack.

And the OCD kicks in and you obsess over the fear of the next one

Panic and OCD are really good friends. They like to travel together

OCD can be the washing the hands thing, which is usually the example people relate to

But it can come in many forms and even obsessive or intrusive thoughts are classified as OCD

Anxiety by definition is fear. Anxiety disorder is essentially fear without the presence of real danger

OCD is an anxiety disorder

Anxiety disorders accompanied by OCD can often lead to panic

So it comes to just addressing the anxiety itself

When you do, the OCD and panic take care of themselves