PDA

View Full Version : Being alone

inneedofhelpplease
03-18-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm afraid of being alone. I'm afraid if I'm alone I will have a panic attack and no one will be with me. How do I overcome it ?

BrookeLynnnn
03-18-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm afraid of being alone. I'm afraid if I'm alone I will have a panic attack and no one will be with me. How do I overcome it ?

I am the same way!

I just started medication two weeks ago.

I'm reading lots of books & I have a counseling appointment soon..

Books are awesome.. You should look into some.. I got a CBT for dummies & I love it.

lucy88
03-19-2014, 01:37 AM
What makes you scared to be alone is it what might happen when you have a panic attack? Listen to some music or do something to take your mind off thinking that your alone when you are. X

inneedofhelpplease
03-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Thank you. And I'm afraid of having an attack

Niicole Lynne
03-19-2014, 03:18 PM
This is also my trigger
As soon as I know I'm going to be alone I am panicking right away

vonnhelsing
03-19-2014, 03:25 PM
I have the exact same problem. Weird thing is it used to be the opposite where I was afraid of being with people and being alone in my room was my comfort zone. Now its changed and I dread having a day off work because I isolate myself and I freak out all day thinking im gona faint and no one will be around to take me to hospital.

Absolutely no idea how to deal with it. Distractions are great but after a couple of hours I usually run out of things to do and the intrusive thoughts return. ..

Niicole Lynne
03-19-2014, 03:37 PM
I have the exact same problem. Weird thing is it used to be the opposite where I was afraid of being with people and being alone in my room was my comfort zone. Now its changed and I dread having a day off work because I isolate myself and I freak out all day thinking im gona faint and no one will be around to take me to hospital. Absolutely no idea how to deal with it. Distractions are great but after a couple of hours I usually run out of things to do and the intrusive thoughts return. ..

I colour lol and get lost in DVD box sets lol

Darkcloud
03-19-2014, 04:22 PM

I'm right there with ya! I have the same problem.

inneedofhelpplease
03-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Has anyone overcome it?

inneedofhelpplease
03-19-2014, 09:00 PM
You have to get Dr Weekes Hope and help for your nerves . It explains this very well . Fear of fear . does it help?

sologirl82
03-19-2014, 09:34 PM
Definitely think it all the way through. What helps me is having things that I love most around(my art, video games, etc.) after a while it'll go away.