PDA

View Full Version : Night Grinding

OmfgJaney
03-18-2014, 09:51 PM
No, it's not what you think. Perverts.

Lately (for the past week), I've been told that I grind my teeth at night. I've always been a jaw clencher, but now I'm kind of worried about my pretty teeth. I don't remember grinding my teeth and I would have never known I started doing it unless I was told.

I don't know why I started grinding, but apparently it sounds like two stones rubbing together really hard. I can't say I'm anymore stressed than I usually am. I have been having weird dreams, but I always have.

My mom grinds her teeth, so maybe it's genetic? I want to know how I can stop it without going to a doctor. I tried sleeping with my jaws unclenched and my tongue between my teeth, but it didn't work.

:| I dunno. I'm gonna buy a mouth guard.

mykids12
03-18-2014, 10:00 PM
The only thing I can recommend is to buy a guard like you said. They make pre molded ones and then ones you can boil to mold to your teeth. I gagged on the one I tried but I clench my teeth all day and night and am now having bad side effects from it.

acetone
03-19-2014, 04:14 AM
It is called Bruxism(teeth grinding during sleep). It is common and dentists are the first one to notice.

Dahila
03-19-2014, 05:38 AM
The night guard made for you teeth at Dental lab is a hundred times better than the one from the pharmacy. It is expenisive but less than new teeth ....

Perses
03-19-2014, 07:20 AM
I have this problem. I had a night guard/dental guard made by my dentist. It fits over the top teeth, is made of molded clear plastic, and looks like the retainer kids wear for orthodontics. It's not expensive to have done, and lasts forever. The problem is that its decidedly unsexy.

amers85
03-19-2014, 08:08 AM
I grind when I'm stressed, and always in my sleep. I got one that forms to my teeth from my dentist , works wonders, I should wear it more often though :)