PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/Pregnancy?

elizabeth5
03-18-2014, 02:01 PM
There's times when I eat and I feel my heart beating fast. It feels like I have this anxious feeling in my chest. I also have really bad allergies that I wake up twice or three times at night to blow my nose. Sometimes I don't have none. It's become a bad habit! I breathe through my mouth because my nose feels swollen from inside that I've been waking up with a dry mouth, but a lot of saliva. Can that be dehydration? Or just due to me breathing through my mouth.

onebreathatatime
03-24-2014, 02:12 PM
I think the heart beating fast after eating is normal! Also being pregnant doesn't help the situation because it's working even harder to get the nutrients down to the baby. I notice after I eat the baby likes to move around so it actually redirects my focus on that than myself! I don't have allergies but I do have to say that since becoming pregnant I have been severly congested every day/night.. I am constantly blowing my nose and clearing my throat - it's gross but I have read that it's normal for pregnant women to have this. Lots of saliva = being pregnant... another one of those things if you look it up in relation to pregnancy it's said to be normal (I tend to drool since becoming pregnant, which is super attractive lol... not) Breathing through your mouth you are bound to get a dry throat, I am not 100% sure what the reasoning is behind it, besides the air in the room is just drying you out.

Things I have found to help me are having a warm shower before bed to clear out as much mucus as possible, I also use a cool mist humidifier to help with the moisture in my room, and I always have a glass of water next to me, so if I wake up in the night I just take a sip.

Everything seems to equal being preggo!!! :):)