PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to have anxiety symptoms even when you are feeling better?

MidM3d
03-18-2014, 08:44 AM
Hello, I 've been suffering from anxiety for almost a month. I had 4 major panic attacks in that span but now I feel like I can control and prevent them. I've been feeling a lot better for the past few days, however, there are things that still bug me. When I stress or fear something (I'm a hypochondriac), I would have sweaty hands and palpitations, which would later lead to a panic attack. The last few days, I've been feeling a lot better and I feel that my hypochondria is slowly fading away. Although I feel better, there are some new symptoms popping up that is worrying me. Even when I'm not worrying or stressing about something, I get light tingling sensations on my leg (including at night) from time to time , I get chills (mainly on my legs but other parts of my body as well) I get minor headaches from time to time which lasts about a half an hour and from time to time, my legs feel weak (but walking is manageable). Is it normal for you guys as well even when you are not in anxiety mode?

AliasEQ
03-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Dealing with the same thing. Feeling better - More symptoms.

Have you ever hurt yourself and it doesn't hurt at first? That's because your blood is still warm. Later on, when your blood gets cold again, it hurts like sh*t. I think that is how anxiety is. All the symptoms comes when we are on our way down from "high anxiety".

So, yeah. It's normal. Try to not worry and avoid stress. That just feeds the anxiety.

MidM3d
03-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Dealing with the same thing. Feeling better - More symptoms.

Have you ever hurt yourself and it doesn't hurt at first?

Nope didn't try that but I can relate. A few days ago, I was watching 300 with my friend at the theatre. There were a lot of gore-ish scenes in that movie. Before my anxiety, I would be disgusted but I didn't react in any way when I watched that movie.

I would also like to add that I just took a walk outside for 30 minutes playing some music on my Iphone and I completely forgot about those tingling/chills feelings and they seem gone now (but I am sure they will come back at some point during the day).

AliasEQ
03-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Nope didn't try that but I can relate. A few days ago, I was watching 300 with my friend at the theatre. There were a lot of gore-ish scenes in that movie. Before my anxiety, I would be disgusted but I didn't react in any way when I watched that movie.

I would also like to add that I just took a walk outside for 30 minutes playing some music on my Iphone and I completely forgot about those tingling/chills feelings and they seem gone now (but I am sure they will come back at some point during the day).

Bad example, but you got it anyway. This is how our body works. It gets after effects.

Yeah, just distract yourself. Taking a walk or exercise is good healing for both mind and body. Wish you the best! :)

jessed03
03-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Very normal. Especially as it's only been a few days.

Your nervous system is a little like a gas cooker. You can turn the heat off, but it still stays warm for a while.

AliasEQ
03-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Your nervous system is a little like a gas cooker. You can turn the heat off, but it still stays warm for a while.

Much better example than mine lol :D

crmac50
03-18-2014, 01:06 PM
It is very common for the physical symptoms of anxiety to persist after the fear-based component of the anxiety is gone. The length of time they persist is different from person to person. Don't fret though. The most important thing to remember about anxiety symptoms is that they can't hurt you. They may feel uncomfortable, but they do go away over time.

MidM3d
03-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Thanks guys! I also wanted to ask if anybody also get tingling in scary areas? Just today, I had tingling on the right side of my face, the top of my head and on my testicles too! It seems that my tingling happens in new places everyday (yesterday it was my right leg)

bestfriend12-
11-12-2014, 12:02 PM
i have pretty much heard so. yes