PDA

View Full Version : Propanolol?

inneedofhelpplease
03-18-2014, 04:35 AM
Anyone take it? How is it for you?

em1
03-18-2014, 05:42 AM
This is a amazing tablet to take,I've been on and off it for my anxiety for years,it's a massive help,did you know that even surgeons take it before a major operation to steady their hands :)

PathFinderGrl
03-18-2014, 05:54 AM
My husband takes this for mild anxiety and really likes it. I want to talk to my doctor about it for my anxiety. I'm already on a beta blocker for high blood pressure and a fast heartbeat, so not sure if my doctor will write it or not...

em1
03-18-2014, 06:04 AM
My husband takes this for mild anxiety and really likes it. I want to talk to my doctor about it for my anxiety. I'm already on a beta blocker for high blood pressure and a fast heartbeat, so not sure if my doctor will write it or not...

It's worth asking :) also the dose can go from 5mg up 200mg so there's a lot of scope for it :)

acetone
03-18-2014, 06:49 AM
Inderal is a good med.

inneedofhelpplease
03-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Thank you girls!

Evanchic
03-28-2014, 11:53 AM
I had a doc prescribe me this for skipped heart beats. I'll admit, I'm scared to take it because it slows the heart and my heart rate is usually calm. I rarely have panic attacks. Just severe anxiety. Doc told me I will not die with skipping beats but sometimes when they're back to back I feel like it. So he prescribed propranolol. Is it ok to take when my heart is at normal resting rate?

staceatarian
03-28-2014, 01:11 PM
My blood pressure is too low for beta blockers. They seem to work well for a lot of people though. They're more for physical symptoms though. It won't help with your brain except to reassure yourself that you'll look cool and poised under pressure.