PDA

View Full Version : :(

BrookeLynnnn
03-17-2014, 02:53 PM
I've been having a rough couple of days & today has been no better.. I'm having anxiety :(

I was telling my mom & she was thinking we need to get my meds switched.. But Wednesday will be 2 weeks on Paxil.

So, should I wait it out 4 weeks?

Niicole Lynne
03-17-2014, 02:56 PM
I've been having a rough couple of days & today has been no better.. I'm having anxiety :( I was telling my mom & she was thinking we need to get my meds switched.. But Wednesday will be 2 weeks on Paxil. So, should I wait it out 4 weeks?

Brooke I think u shud wait

It's been a month for me and iv switched doses once
And only the past few days have I started feeling really better
So I would try to wait the 4 weeks
Obviously only u know how u feel but mine took about a month for me to feel this much better

BrookeLynnnn
03-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Brooke I think u shud wait It's been a month for me and iv switched doses once And only the past few days have I started feeling really better So I would try to wait the 4 weeks Obviously only u know how u feel but mine took about a month for me to feel this much better

Okay, I'll wait it out!!
Just sucks feeling like this.. :(

Thanks for the advice! I'm happy to hear you're doing good!! :)

needtogetwell
03-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Okay, I'll wait it out!! Just sucks feeling like this.. :( Thanks for the advice! I'm happy to hear you're doing good!! :)

Wait it out a couple more weeks Brooke.

The road to recovery is both a forward progression with a few backwards steps.

As time goes on there will be fewer of the backwards ones.

Go review your journal of your successes and see how far you have come.

Your doing great, this is just a speed bump.

Smile Bella!
Pam

Enduronman
03-17-2014, 03:42 PM
I've been having a rough couple of days & today has been no better.. I'm having anxiety :(

I was telling my mom & she was thinking we need to get my meds switched.. But Wednesday will be 2 weeks on Paxil.

So, should I wait it out 4 weeks?

Could you explain this anxiety abit?? Nervous? Not getting out anymore? Feeling annoyed?.... I doubt that they would switch you back to anything after 2 weeks though dear...
You were doing so well on the Prozac though, and so do many many other people here with anxiety too...(even though your doc said it isnt for that)...
Ashlee, Dweeb, AlanKay, trying to think of some others..just mental notes. Hard to track so many people.
Nicole is doing great on the Effexor though, and that is great news!
Sorry you're feeling anxious friend...hopefully we can help!

Try to make this a good day??

PS: how are you sleeping because if you aren't then there's the problem...

Enduronman... :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Wait it out a couple more weeks Brooke. The road to recovery is both a forward progression with a few backwards steps. As time goes on there will be fewer of the backwards ones. Go review your journal of your successes and see how far you have come. Your doing great, this is just a speed bump. Smile Bella! Pam

You're right.. I'll go do some reading now!! Thank you!

BrookeLynnnn
03-17-2014, 04:32 PM
Hope you dont mind me saying this but you are very impatience :) Your like a little caterpillar trying to crack their way to be a butterfly :) Two weeks is not long These things that time , the brain is very slow to change . As long as you are seeing some good change stick to it . This is what your doc will tell you . One day at a time and your aloud to have down days . I think you have been pretty busy with things , maybe its just catch up .

I know, that's one of my problems.. I've never been good at waiting for anything!! Lol

Thank you.. I just need to wait it out.

BrookeLynnnn
03-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Could you explain this anxiety abit?? Nervous? Not getting out anymore? Feeling annoyed?.... I doubt that they would switch you back to anything after 2 weeks though dear... You were doing so well on the Prozac though, and so do many many other people here with anxiety too...(even though your doc said it isnt for that)... Ashlee, Dweeb, AlanKay, trying to think of some others..just mental notes. Hard to track so many people. Nicole is doing great on the Effexor though, and that is great news! Sorry you're feeling anxious friend...hopefully we can help! Try to make this a good day?? PS: how are you sleeping because if you aren't then there's the problem... Enduronman... :)

I'm still going out but like my hands have been shaky right when I wake up.. The best way to describe it I guess is uncomfortable still..

Thank you.. & I'm not sleeping well at all!! Melatonin isn't helping so I'm trying something different tonight..

I went to buy Benadryl last night but I was talking to the pharmacist & he said give the melatonin a couple days.. I feel like it's making me worse tho.. Because before I was waking up only 2 times a night & last night with the melatonin I was up every hour!!!

Enduronman
03-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Grrrrr...
Try to have a glass of orange juice right when you get up..the paxil may be affecting something..
Try something else other than melatonin because if it was going to work, it would have...
Insomnia is a common side effect of paxil, I believe...especially when first starting it..
The benedryl make be the ticket and if youre not sleepin then that IS adding to this anxiety feeling for sure...
I do not recall all this mess after 2 weeks of prozac, just being honest...maybe something to bring up to the doc.....

Thinking of you Brooke!

Enduronman... :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-17-2014, 05:09 PM
Grrrrr... Try to have a glass of orange juice right when you get up..the paxil may be affecting something.. Try something else other than melatonin because if it was going to work, it would have... Insomnia is a common side effect of paxil, I believe...especially when first starting it.. The benedryl make be the ticket and if youre not sleepin then that IS adding to this anxiety feeling for sure... I do not recall all this mess after 2 weeks of prozac, just being honest...maybe something to bring up to the doc..... Thinking of you Brooke! Enduronman... :)

Okay I'll give the orange juice a try!

No melatonin tonight so I'm gonna try something else.. We'll see if I'm able to sleep!!

From prozac, I had 2 anxiety filled days in the second week which is what sent me to urgent care & got me xanax.. I'll wait the Paxil out a couple more weeks & see..

Thank you for the advice!! :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-18-2014, 06:29 PM
I finally slept last night!! Thanks to extra strength Tylenol PM!! Only thing that's worked for me.

NixonRulz
03-18-2014, 06:34 PM
I finally slept last night!! Thanks to extra strength Tylenol PM!! Only thing that's worked for me.

That's awesome!

Wine works well in a pinch

BrookeLynnnn
03-18-2014, 06:40 PM
That's awesome! Wine works well in a pinch

Oh yes, I remember my wine days.. Before my anxiety hit! Lol that sure did put me to sleep.

Dahila
03-18-2014, 06:41 PM
melatonin does not make any difference for me, never did, even I tried it for a long time. Zoplicone worked for years on half of dose, then whole dose, then with ones a day of clonazepam I cut it back to half a dose again. Mediatation is a life saver , maybe you should try it? Good luck with the Paxil, and it takes 4 to 6 weeks to start working , so hold your horses please:))

needtogetwell
03-18-2014, 06:45 PM

Doesn't matter how you got the sleep! I'm really glad you slept!

Keep smiling Bella!!!
You're doing great!

Pam.

BrookeLynnnn
03-18-2014, 06:48 PM
melatonin does not make any difference for me, never did, even I tried it for a long time. Zoplicone worked for years on half of dose, then whole dose, then with ones a day of clonazepam I cut it back to half a dose again. Mediatation is a life saver , maybe you should try it? Good luck with the Paxil, and it takes 4 to 6 weeks to start working , so hold your horses please:))

My friends swear by melatonin!! But it made me more awake than before!

Zoplicone, what is that?

& I've meditated a couple times, usually in the morning. I'll have to try morning & night!

It's really hard for me to wait lol.. But I'm gonna give it more time to work..

I was put on prozac for two weeks & then switched to Paxil & I've been on it two weeks tomorrow.. So it makes me upset because if I would've been put on the right meds in the first place, I'd almost be at the 4 week mark!!! Lol

BrookeLynnnn
03-18-2014, 06:49 PM
Doesn't matter how you got the sleep! I'm really glad you slept! Keep smiling Bella!!! You're doing great! Pam.

Me too!! I was so relieved this morning!!
Thank you my friend! :)

Enduronman
03-18-2014, 07:16 PM

Because it has benedryl in it!! YAY!!!...try to just get some plain ole benedryl because the acetaminophen will cause OTHER problems long term...:)

Glad you're doing well friend!

E-Man... :)

tezbag
03-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Benedryl is rather magical.

BrookeLynnnn
03-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Because it has benedryl in it!! YAY!!!...try to just get some plain ole benedryl because the acetaminophen will cause OTHER problems long term...:) Glad you're doing well friend! E-Man... :)

I'll pick some up tomorrow :) so just the regular allergy Benadryl?

Thanks! :)