PDA

View Full Version : Confusion?!

inneedofhelpplease
03-17-2014, 03:54 AM
DO any of you get confusion??
For example: my baby niece was knocking on the door to the bathroom while I was showering, but my mind was like " Katherine's knocking on the door" (Katherine is my daughter) Katherine wasn't home. But the thought made me feel like I was crazy, it made me "confused" for a second. I kind of had a talk with myself. Right after that thought, I thought " no that's just stupid , it's my niece, Katherine isn't home. " I had to reassure myself that I knew what was going on but that my mind was trying to make me feel crazy.. Can anyone relate. ( that isn't the only time I've had confusion. I get it all the time)

needtogetwell
03-17-2014, 04:00 AM
DO any of you get confusion?? For example: my baby niece was knocking on the door to the bathroom while I was showering, but my mind was like " Katherine's knocking on the door" (Katherine is my daughter) Katherine wasn't home. But the thought made me feel like I was crazy, it made me "confused" for a second. I kind of had a talk with myself. Right after that thought, I thought " no that's just stupid , it's my niece, Katherine isn't home. " I had to reassure myself that I knew what was going on but that my mind was trying to make me feel crazy.. Can anyone relate. ( that isn't the only time I've had confusion. I get it all the time)

Don't worry or stress about it! We all do it.

Just anxiety playing games with you. You are not going crazy.

If you were in your 80s I might think otherwise, dementia maybe. But no way no how are you anywhere near that.

You may simply have been thinking of your daughter when your niece knocked on the door.

Simple. It's all ok!!

Cheers!
Have a great day!!!
Pam :)

GeneAllen
03-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Pam is correct. Anxiety is the only culprit. Don't go looking for rationality in it, there is none, it's simply empty frightening anxiety symptoms making you second guess yourself.

Peace

jessed03
03-17-2014, 08:39 AM
Yep, spot on from the guys.

I know I've had so much confusion over the years too. I can relate to your story a lot, and I've heard so many stories from others here saying the same thing. I remember being convinced I had a neurological disorder, as my brain seemed busted. I knew anxiety could do a lot, but the confusion thing was really troubling.

As always turned out to be another weird and wonderful anxiety symptom. Don't sweat it :)