PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety attacks

Hud
03-16-2014, 03:40 PM
Hey everyone, my name is Chris and I'm 22 years old. Recently life has been proving quite difficult and stressful between working full time, finishing my business degree online, and my girlfriend of 6 years leaving me. I've always had depression come and go a little bit, but managed it. But due to these life changes I get severe depression and anxiety where I can't even function or sleep. I don't know what to do and figured I would try this out to see if I can find some help or support.

Thanks,

Chris

anxietycat
03-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Hey everyone, my name is Chris and I'm 22 years old. Recently life has been proving quite difficult and stressful between working full time, finishing my business degree online, and my girlfriend of 6 years leaving me. I've always had depression come and go a little bit, but managed it. But due to these life changes I get severe depression and anxiety where I can't even function or sleep. I don't know what to do and figured I would try this out to see if I can find some help or support. Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris- welcome! You're in the same boat as a lot of us here so just know that you're not alone. How long had the recent bout been going on?

anxietycat
03-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Hey everyone, my name is Chris and I'm 22 years old. Recently life has been proving quite difficult and stressful between working full time, finishing my business degree online, and my girlfriend of 6 years leaving me. I've always had depression come and go a little bit, but managed it. But due to these life changes I get severe depression and anxiety where I can't even function or sleep. I don't know what to do and figured I would try this out to see if I can find some help or support. Thanks, Chris

Also, are you currently taking any meds? Seeing a therapist?

Hud
03-16-2014, 03:48 PM
The doctor prescribed me Cipralex but I talked to the doctor and we both decided against it. I don't want to use any long-term medications, I want to try using other ways to help. I also have Clonazepam for if I feel like I can't shake the feeling. I haven't seen a therapist and this has been going off and on for two months, a lot worse the past month though since the breakup.

anxietycat
03-16-2014, 03:51 PM
The doctor prescribed me Cipralex but I talked to the doctor and we both decided against it. I don't want to use any long-term medications, I want to try using other ways to help. I also have Clonazepam for if I feel like I can't shake the feeling. I haven't seen a therapist and this has been going off and on for two months, a lot worse the past month though since the breakup.

I resort your situation to the forum expert extraordinaire, JesseD03!

I know for some people meds are a godsend and others here don't use them. Totally up to you.

I used Lexapro (I think it's called Cipralex in other countries) and loved it for 3 years until it stopped working for me. It may give you a peace of mind to know the RX is there if you think you need it.

Hud
03-16-2014, 03:53 PM
It is good to know they are available, but the thought of them scares me for some reason. And I feel like a lot of my issues are temporary and everything kinda got piled on all at once.