PDA

View Full Version : Melatonin friends..

BrookeLynnnn
03-15-2014, 10:49 PM
The one I bought is 5mg.. Is that an okay dose for my first time?? Or should I cut it in half??

BrookeLynnnn
03-15-2014, 11:15 PM
Well, I'm taking the whole thing.. Goodnight!! Lol

butterfly82
03-16-2014, 06:52 AM
How did it work for you?

BrookeLynnnn
03-16-2014, 10:43 AM
How did it work for you?

It didn't :(

I fell asleep with no problem but was still up every couple hours.

butterfly82
03-16-2014, 10:49 AM
It didn't :( I fell asleep with no problem but was still up every couple hours.

Oh boo :( I sleep the same way...which doesn't help my anxiety at all. I'm going to try it tough and see how it works for me, my husband says it works for him.

I also bought a new tea through amazon--as soon, I'm going to try that, but not together

BrookeLynnnn
03-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Oh boo :( I sleep the same way...which doesn't help my anxiety at all. I'm going to try it tough and see how it works for me, my husband says it works for him. I also bought a new tea through amazon--as soon, I'm going to try that, but not together

Let me know how both work for you!! :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-16-2014, 02:35 PM
You still taking other meds are you now??

Yes, Paxil & Xanax once a day.

Enduronman
03-16-2014, 02:44 PM
If the melatonin didn't work then send mom over to the dept store and try some Valerian...it may help, and yes you can take both together too....
You could also try some diphenhydramine (benedryl) up to 100mgs. (no melatonin with this one)
Or, some doxylamine which can be bought OTC...it IS a sleep aid,..No more then 50mgs though. Its what they add to all those (night time cold medicines) here in the US.
It WILL knock you out....(no melatonin with this one either, it is very sedating)...

Have a great day Brooklyn!! :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-16-2014, 02:46 PM
If the melatonin didn't work then send mom over to the dept store and try some Valerian...it may help, and yes you can take both together too.... You could also try some diphenhydramine (benedryl) up to 100mgs. (no melatonin with this one) Or, some doxylamine which can be bought OTC...it IS a sleep aid,..No more then 50mgs though. Its what they add to all those (night time cold medicines) here in the US. It WILL knock you out....(no melatonin with this one either, it is very sedating)... Have a great day Brooklyn!! :)

Yay thank you!! I think I'm gonna try Benadryl first. I was planning that if the melatonin didn't work.

Enduronman
03-16-2014, 02:52 PM
YAY!!!...
Yes, benedryl would be the next choice..it is safe up to 200mg, but...don't go any more than 100mg if needed ok???....
USUALLY it will help greatly with sleep..I used to take 150mg every night myself too..

You seem to be doing pretty good considering again, where you were a few weeks ago. Proud of you!!!

E-Man. :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-16-2014, 03:11 PM
so why not let them do there job . It takes time for the brain to change the way it works . I think adding more things into the mix is buying trouble .

I'm trying to but getting no sleep just gives me anxiety the next day. It's hard getting through the day being completely exhausted..

BrookeLynnnn
03-16-2014, 03:12 PM
YAY!!!... Yes, benedryl would be the next choice..it is safe up to 200mg, but...don't go any more than 100mg if needed ok???.... USUALLY it will help greatly with sleep..I used to take 150mg every night myself too.. You seem to be doing pretty good considering again, where you were a few weeks ago. Proud of you!!! E-Man. :)

Okay I won't!!

I've been having a rough two days.. & not being able to sleep just adds on :(

But thank you :)