PDA

View Full Version : Will sertraline and therapy help

TomoWHU
03-15-2014, 01:57 AM
It's wondered if there is anyone taking sertraline and having cbt that helps with negative thoughts that are affecting me making me anxious and depressed.
Negative thoughts; constantly and obsess thinking about life ending in future.

Think that everyday is closer to the end.

Starting from today my doc is weaning of 10mg of citlapram for a week, then next week nothing and I start sertraline 50 mg, will I ever get over this????

lucy88
03-15-2014, 03:12 AM
Lots of people have taken that and had good results from it. I take it but it's only been 3 and half weeks so I can't say if it's working for me yet. I think you'll be just fine when you have them and cbt you won't get better over night though.

TomoWHU
03-15-2014, 03:24 AM
Thanks for reply, I understand I won't get better overnight, I ask these questions coz the obsessive thoughts are horrible and I can't cope

lucy88
03-15-2014, 03:30 AM
Thanks for reply, I understand I won't get better overnight, I ask these questions coz the obsessive thoughts are horrible and I can't cope

I know how you feel because I get them I'm scared of death or any thing to do with it just remember your not alone

TomoWHU
03-15-2014, 03:33 AM
I no I'm not alone and that's comforting a month ago i didn't batter an eyelid to these thoughts but all of a sudden last week bang!!! Just want to go back to how I was and not think about it and live happy

lucy88
03-15-2014, 03:38 AM
I no I'm not alone and that's comforting a month ago i didn't batter an eyelid to these thoughts but all of a sudden last week bang!!! Just want to go back to how I was and not think about it and live happy

Yeah I've always been anxious but last November I was ill and nearly fainted twice and I got really bad I didn't even want to go out my house or even my bedroom I was scared I was dying but I feel a lot better than I did then but there's still something there holding me back from being a happier person.