PDA

View Full Version : Camomile tea question..

BrookeLynnnn
03-14-2014, 08:57 PM
I've been having a really tough time sleeping the past couple nights & it's making me so tired the next day.. I've seen people mention camomile tea on here..

The one that says "sleepy time" or any camomile tea? I bought the sleepy time but I'm just curious.. Thanks :)

amers85
03-14-2014, 09:01 PM
I just bought chamomile tea tonight at the store, to see if it will make me more relaxed. I'm afraid to even drink it because I'm afraid it has caffeine in it although it says caffeine free lol. I haven't tried either, so let me know how it goes :)

jessed03
03-14-2014, 09:04 PM
I just bought chamomile tea tonight at the store, to see if it will make me more relaxed. I'm afraid to even drink it because I'm afraid it has caffeine in it although it says caffeine free lol. I haven't tried either, so let me know how it goes :)

I drank a coke with dinner, it's 3am now, and I'm wide awake. I'm so dumb sometimes.

Any camomile is good. Does the sleepy time have any extra stuff in it? Often they mix stuff up in teas. I got tea for eye strain once, it was full of all kinds of herbs. I kinda get a kick out of trying them, even though I buy a box, have 2 mugs then don't usually drink it again

bittersweetgirl
03-14-2014, 09:05 PM

I drink Sleepytime tea... currently the "Wellness" version. I'm not sleepy and I'm not well ;), but it is certainly yummy tea! I believe this one has valerium in it too? I wish it worked for me!

needtogetwell
03-14-2014, 09:11 PM
Ladies,

Camomile teas before bed are wonderful. Very calming and soothing!

Once you get past the taste of drinking grass water! Lol

Add some honey or lemon to it, or both.

Sleepy time (probably made by celestial seasonings) is really good, but so is any plain camomile tea.

Having given up all forms of caffeine, I drink a lot of herbal teas and have never had to worry about caffeine.

Make yourself a cup, sit back and enjoy!!!

Cheers!
Pam

anxietycat
03-14-2014, 09:17 PM
I've been having a really tough time sleeping the past couple nights & it's making me so tired the next day.. I've seen people mention camomile tea on here.. The one that says "sleepy time" or any camomile tea? I bought the sleepy time but I'm just curious.. Thanks :)

Sleepytime by CS has camomile and lots of other herbs to help you sleep. Unfortunately it was never enough for me. I could drink it at 1pm and not be tired at all. You also may want to try Melatonin if you are looking for alternatives to prescription sleep meds. I started the sleep issues a few months ago and in the beginning I was so scared to even take Melatonin. As Eman says, just take the pill.

jessed03
03-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Ladies,

And Jesse... ;)

needtogetwell
03-14-2014, 09:30 PM
And Jesse... ;)

Sorry Jesse, when I started writing the reply there were only the 2 ladies involved.

Fat thumbs + small iphone keypad = slow typing lol!

I humbly beg forgiveness!

P. :)

vanessa2010
03-14-2014, 09:33 PM
Hey guys i take chamomile tea and have been and it definately relaxes me (:

BrookeLynnnn
03-14-2014, 09:42 PM

Lol that crosses my mind too!!!

But I really need some sleep so I'm gonna give it a go!! I will let you know :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-14-2014, 09:44 PM
I drank a coke with dinner, it's 3am now, and I'm wide awake. I'm so dumb sometimes. Any camomile is good. Does the sleepy time have any extra stuff in it? Often they mix stuff up in teas. I got tea for eye strain once, it was full of all kinds of herbs. I kinda get a kick out of trying them, even though I buy a box, have 2 mugs then don't usually drink it again

3am!? Geez!! Lol

This one says it has chamomile, spearmint, West Indian lemongrass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn & rosebuds.

BrookeLynnnn
03-14-2014, 09:45 PM
I drink Sleepytime tea... currently the "Wellness" version. I'm not sleepy and I'm not well ;), but it is certainly yummy tea! I believe this one has valerium in it too? I wish it worked for me!

Lol! Well at least it'll taste good if it doesn't work!! :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Ladies, Camomile teas before bed are wonderful. Very calming and soothing! Once you get past the taste of drinking grass water! Lol Add some honey or lemon to it, or both. Sleepy time (probably made by celestial seasonings) is really good, but so is any plain camomile tea. Having given up all forms of caffeine, I drink a lot of herbal teas and have never had to worry about caffeine. Make yourself a cup, sit back and enjoy!!! Cheers! Pam

Yes, that's the one I bought.. Celestial.

I've got a soar throat also so I'm hoping it'll help that also!! :/

BrookeLynnnn
03-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Sleepytime by CS has camomile and lots of other herbs to help you sleep. Unfortunately it was never enough for me. I could drink it at 1pm and not be tired at all. You also may want to try Melatonin if you are looking for alternatives to prescription sleep meds. I started the sleep issues a few months ago and in the beginning I was so scared to even take Melatonin. As Eman says, just take the pill.

Idk why I didn't think of melatonin!! Thank you!

If the tea doesn't do the trick, I'll buy some melatonin..

BrookeLynnnn
03-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Hey guys i take chamomile tea and have been and it definately relaxes me (:

Okay good to know!! :)

trinidiva
03-15-2014, 07:32 AM
Chamomile is wonderful. Calms me right down and helps me sleep.

vanessa2010
03-15-2014, 10:13 AM
I know it was no help but just wanted to throw it out there like i take it before i sleep and i feel literally as my body is at ease and sleep better i do recommened , releases stress levels as well over night (so i heard) aha (:

BrookeLynnnn
03-15-2014, 08:15 PM
The tea did not help me sleep :( just bought some melatonin so I'm hoping to sleep tonight!!

anxietycat
03-15-2014, 08:31 PM
The tea did not help me sleep :( just bought some melatonin so I'm hoping to sleep tonight!!

Good luck- don't be scared to take it. How many mg did you get? It will take about an hour to work. Remember it's not a sleeping pill, per se, but it regulates your body's own melatonin to help your sleep patterns. Some people swear by it and say it helps them.

BrookeLynnnn
03-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Good luck- don't be scared to take it. How many mg did you get? It will take about an hour to work. Remember it's not a sleeping pill, per se, but it regulates your body's own melatonin to help your sleep patterns. Some people swear by it and say it helps them.

Thank you!!

I'm kinda nervous but I'm so sick of not sleeping, I'll try anything!!! Lol

It's 5mg. It's the Target brand melatonin.

petals
03-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Chamomile tea is my saving grace. I've developed a nightly "ritual" that incorporates a cup of chamomile tea. It doesn't really help me sleep but it helps me wind down after a long day. If it's been a stressful day, just the thought that a cup of tea waiting for me at home helps to calm me. I drink Tazo's "Calm" tea. It's also has no caffeine.

*That tea is also mixed with other herbs and doesn't only contain chamomile. Make sure to check the ingredients before drinking in case you're allergic to any of the incorporated herbs.*

anxietycat
03-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Thank you!! I'm kinda nervous but I'm so sick of not sleeping, I'll try anything!!! Lol It's 5mg. It's the Target brand melatonin.

Unfortunately having anxiety and not sleeping well go hand in hand.

If the melatonin doesn't work you can always try Benadryl or other OTC sleeping aids before you get the hardcore stuff.

BrookeLynnnn
03-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Chamomile tea is my saving grace. I've developed a nightly "ritual" that incorporates a cup of chamomile tea. It doesn't really help me sleep but it helps me wind down after a long day. If it's been a stressful day, just the thought that a cup of tea waiting for me at home helps to calm me. I drink Tazo's "Calm" tea. It's also has no caffeine. *That tea is also mixed with other herbs and doesn't only contain chamomile. Make sure to check the ingredients before drinking in case you're allergic to any of the incorporated herbs.*

Yea I noticed last night it relaxed me but didn't help with sleep!!

So looks like I'll just drink it to relax now. A cup of tea sounds yummy!

BrookeLynnnn
03-15-2014, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately having anxiety and not sleeping well go hand in hand. If the melatonin doesn't work you can always try Benadryl or other OTC sleeping aids before you get the hardcore stuff.

It sucks :( it just started not that long ago.. & it's not even because I'm anxious.. I just wake up in the middle of the night, wide awake! Once at 2am & then at 5am & then I'm up at 7-8am.

& it's exhausting.. I'm SO tired the next day.

But I've considered Benadryl.. I'll try that if I have no luck with the melatonin..

tezbag
03-15-2014, 10:05 PM
Benadryl will knock you out if your sleep resistant such as I take two 25 mg with chamomile tea. You will fall asleep. I can almost promise you will pass out.

petals
03-15-2014, 10:07 PM
Yea I noticed last night it relaxed me but didn't help with sleep!!

So looks like I'll just drink it do relax now. A cup if tea sounds yummy!

Did a quick Google search and apparently passion fruit and valerian root teas help to induce sleep.

Also sorry, but I can't say enough to check and make sure before consuming any herbs that they won't effect you in a negative way. Best way is to check with a doc before using ANY herbal supplements. :)

(I also personally love the book: The Complete Guide to Herbal Medicines by Charles W. Fetrow, Pharm. D. and Juan R. Avila, Pharm. D.

BrookeLynnnn
03-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Benadryl will knock you out if your sleep resistant such as I take two 25 mg with chamomile tea. You will fall asleep. I can almost promise you will pass out.

Dang.. Shoulda bought Benadryl instead!!

BrookeLynnnn
03-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Did a quick Google search and apparently passion fruit and valerian root teas help to induce sleep. Also sorry, but I can't say enough to check and make sure before consuming any herbs that they won't effect you in a negative way. Best way is to check with a doc before using ANY herbal supplements. :) (I also personally love the book: The Complete Guide to Herbal Medicines by Charles W. Fetrow, Pharm. D. and Juan R. Avila, Pharm. D.

Thank you!! :)

& yes, I called earlier to make sure the melatonin was okay with my other meds.

& I'm not allergic to anything so I'm good :)

I'm gonna look for that book when I go to the library Monday! :)

tezbag
03-15-2014, 10:24 PM
Oh yea there is a tea called Tension Tamer you can get it at most superstores. That helps a crap ton when i'm having a hard time passing out.

BrookeLynnnn
03-15-2014, 10:28 PM
Oh yea there is a tea called Tension Tamer you can get it at most superstores. That helps a crap ton when i'm having a hard time passing out.

I'll check that one out!! Thank you :)

petals
03-16-2014, 12:36 AM
I absolutely love Tension Tamer tea but mostly because of Coco Peru(Oh boy, I hope someone gets that reference haha)!