PDA

View Full Version : answers!!!!!!!!!

ab123
03-14-2014, 04:57 PM
I have 26 food allergies!!!!! I can't even list how many. But all products I've been eating. Just got the results today. And I am in the severely avoid section of each food. I hope this is what I've been looking for!!!!!!

needtogetwell
03-14-2014, 05:05 PM
I have 26 food allergies!!!!! I can't even list how many. But all products I've been eating. Just got the results today. And I am in the severely avoid section of each food. I hope this is what I've been looking for!!!!!!

YAY and WAHhhh! For you.

Yay because you have something definitive in front of you....

WAHhhhh cause I hope you don't have to give up any of your favourite foods!

All in all.....positive information

Cheers,
Pam

ab123
03-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Yes!!!! Does it take 25 years to have food allergy become a problem? I've always been low energy...but... now at least I have SOMETHING!!!!!! I cried happiness tears.

jessed03
03-14-2014, 05:07 PM

Geez that's a lot!

Food allergies can certainly make a person sick.

I hope cutting them helps you feel better Laina!!

Enduronman
03-14-2014, 05:16 PM

So happy for you friend!!! NOW you've got something to work with...

Have a great Friday AB!

Enduronman.. :)

jessed03
03-14-2014, 05:18 PM
How did you get tested for it .

I asked my doctor for it and all he tested for was duct allergies :(

I know right! My doctor was exactly the same. You're lucky your doc was so open minded Alaina.

I got mine tested by a blood sample. Tiny finger prick. Was revealing actually, I found out soya was giving me hellish symptoms, and cutting it out, they just went. Was cool to do. I do cheat though. I shouldn't. I do notice heart palps if I cheat too much.

ab123
03-14-2014, 05:21 PM
I'm allergic to bananas, asparagus,collard greens,cranberry, vanilla,mustard,peas pork, vanilla. Soybean. All cheese, all milk. Whey is my biggest allergy but I'm not allergic to wheat, lol pineapple kale and beef. The list goes on...But I'm crying I'm so happy, and guess what Google says. Food sensitivities can cause alll of my symptoms.!!!!!

ab123
03-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Forwells it was an e95 basic food panel and. And an a95 extended food panel. My doctor is a Damn genious.

jessed03
03-14-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm allergic to bananas, asparagus,collard greens,cranberry, vanilla,mustard,peas pork, vanilla. Soybean. All cheese, all milk. Whey is my biggest allergy but I'm not allergic to wheat, lol pineapple kale and beef. The list goes on...But I'm crying I'm so happy, and guess what Google says. Food sensitivities can cause alll of my symptoms.!!!!!

No wheat allergy = goodbye our friendship.

Was nice knowing you kid ;)

Jk. I'm happy for you. You'll see changes NO DOUBT. I'm certain of it.

You should make a thread, documenting your journey as you cut stuff out. Would be a cool read :)

SSMommy
03-14-2014, 06:47 PM
That's great that you've finally got some answers!! I hope you feel better soon!

NixonRulz
03-14-2014, 06:47 PM

Home stretch

ab123
03-14-2014, 07:13 PM
I sure as hell hope so, I hope it doesn't take too long. I need to now figure out how to heal from food allergies

jessed03
03-14-2014, 07:28 PM
I sure as hell hope so, I hope it doesn't take too long. I need to now figure out how to heal from food allergies

Cut out all food allergies, bread and sugar.

Wait two weeks.

Buy a good quality digestive aid. (Look on iherb.com, they're good for American delivery). Take one with each meal.

Wait another week.

Add in acidophilus capsules, or homemade keifer. Once per day.

Wait another week.

Take acidophilus or Keifer twice per day now, morning and night.

Add in a good quality omega 3 supplement like krill oil or cod liver oil.

Do this for 3 months

= Very happy body and mind for Laina :)

Dahila
03-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Hi Alaina now when you know what is the enemy you will win:))

When I tell people that soy is a poison they tell me " u are crazy, it is healthy"

ab123
03-14-2014, 10:37 PM
Well everything I was allergic to was certainly poisoning me. :(and Jesse I will be doing that for sure, the whey..which I'm most allergic to..the" severe" range was anything above 450...I was 2073. And guess what I had this morning. A protein shake with 30g whey protein. No wonder I didn't make it to work. And had a huge heart palp that sent me into a panic. Errrggg my blood pressure went to 140/90

JLBnole68
03-14-2014, 11:08 PM
This is great to find out! Hope this will put you on the road to recovery. I'm having some allergy testing done soon. Hope they can pinpoint some things for me as well. Knowledge is power.

ab123
03-14-2014, 11:12 PM
Knowledge is power. I'm a little nervous to be honest. To tell my anxiety brain that anaphylactic shock is a possibility if I don't control ny environment...and I need to carry an epi pen. Makes me really nervous but. Its an answer. And better than a mystery illness. On to moving forward.

JLBnole68
03-14-2014, 11:26 PM
I'd much rather know and be proactive/preventive than to have a reaction that caught me by surprise. I'm sure you would, too. That epi pen is no biggie. Lots of people have to keep them handy. Nothing to be anxious about. Just think about all the positive changes this could mean for you. Just knowing you can fix this by changing what you eat? You got this! No sweat. :-)

ab123
03-14-2014, 11:30 PM
You are right! Just a big change. I'd much rather hear I have a food allergy than I heart problem. I just hope I go to normal soon.when my body produces a fight or flight reaction to the food I'm eating. No wonder ativan calmed my real health problem. Argh. Not everything is anxiety doc!!!

anxietysucksbutt
03-15-2014, 01:59 AM
No wheat allergy = goodbye our friendship. Was nice knowing you kid ;) Jk. I'm happy for you. You'll see changes NO DOUBT. I'm certain of it. You should make a thread, documenting your journey as you cut stuff out. Would be a cool read :)

Totally agree! I am definitely interested in knowing if this will help me too!!,

ab123
03-15-2014, 02:02 AM
I'll do it for you guys for sure, starting today. Lol maybe tomorrow. I'm tired, but I'll start as day one.

trinidiva
03-15-2014, 07:31 AM
Im so glad you figured out what was going on!!!!!!!

ab123
03-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Didn't eat anything that I know of with any of my allergies, still ended up in er in tachycardia...high bp. Fml

needtogetwell
03-16-2014, 06:53 PM
Didn't eat anything that I know of with any of my allergies, still ended up in er in tachycardia...high bp. Fml

:). :(

Hope you are feeling better'

tezbag
03-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Interesting fact! people who have alot of food allergies and daily year those food there bodies are a bit of whack. It can also cause anxiety.
Wish you much luck hunni!

ab123
03-16-2014, 08:43 PM
They are keeping me overnight to run some tests. :(

ab123
03-16-2014, 11:05 PM
And I can't get up or an alarm will sound....lol

meichmann
03-17-2014, 06:29 AM
Hope everything comes out ok for you and they find out what's going on.

All of us here got your back! :)

ab123
03-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Thank you! Waiting for doctors to show up. :) I'll keep you updated

Perses
03-17-2014, 11:20 AM
That's amazing! Your list of things you are allergic to seems totally random. Did they have any way of explaining, say, what cranberries have to do with pork have to do with milk have to do with asparagus? Just wondering. Still, fascinating about the heart palps. Really. So, basically eating something you are allergic to mimics the symptoms of a panic attack, or, I guess, as you said, your body is fighting the allergies and so is "panicking." This is important info. I'd never have thought to make the connection. It's just that asparagus seems so innocuous.

ab123
03-17-2014, 11:34 AM
I know, all of the milk products make sense....and on all the tests anything cow or dairy related was tested separately, and I had a reaction to all of it. The other things I don't quite see why. But... I'll stay away anyways to try to feel better.

ab123
03-17-2014, 07:31 PM
They are releasing me from the hospital, They said of course if I was older..they wouldn't. Lol. Doctor agrees that something very weird is going on, But admits that he cannot figure out why. I've had six doctors in to see me and cannot figure out why. The biggest thing now is the dizziness. It feels like the floor is moving beneath me, and that I'm on some sort of ride. But I'm not anxious . In fact had 1mg of ativan today. Vertigo? Not sure. My heart rate is just spiking high, and my bp going low again. Doctor wants me to take midodrine. To see If it helps. I just think since my bp is high sometimes I might not wanna take it. Anyways. Any input? Just a little defeated. Still hopeful...but defeated nonetheless.

SSMommy
03-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Oh man...really great that they tell you if they were older they'd be keeping you. Truly brilliant.

Have they given you a plan for any more testing?

Is that medication a BP med?

As for vertigo, I have suffered from this at different points in my life and it's absolutely scary at times. Mine was full on room spinning vertigo the first time I had it which resulted from a strong head injury. All incidents since have been not quite as bad but still scary especially if they happen at the wrong time. You can totally lose your balance. The thing is with your bp and heart rate jumping around I would think that would cause some unsteadiness or vertigo I itself.

I'm sorry you are going through this. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

You are keeping an amazing attitude with all of this. Hoping you find some relief very soon.

anxietysucksbutt
03-17-2014, 08:07 PM
They are releasing me from the hospital, They said of course if I was older..they wouldn't. Lol. Doctor agrees that something very weird is going on, But admits that he cannot figure out why. I've had six doctors in to see me and cannot figure out why. The biggest thing now is the dizziness. It feels like the floor is moving beneath me, and that I'm on some sort of ride. But I'm not anxious . In fact had 1mg of ativan today. Vertigo? Not sure. My heart rate is just spiking high, and my bp going low again. Doctor wants me to take midodrine. To see If it helps. I just think since my bp is high sometimes I might not wanna take it. Anyways. Any input? Just a little defeated. Still hopeful...but defeated nonetheless.

This could be totally none of my business, or you may have said this a 1000 times already, but if you don't mind me asking, when do you get high HR/BP (or low BP)?

ab123
03-17-2014, 08:19 PM
I just get them randomly, sitting on the couch...laying in bed. I get a general feeling of sickness then the fast heart rate comes on.. 160 bpm the blood pressure changes and other heart rate changes happen when I stand up.

ab123
03-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Becky, thank you. I really appreciate your support in all of this. It will get better soon,.the medication is to.keep my blood pressure up. I'll try it, But if it goes too high I won't take it. See my primary in a week.

anxietysucksbutt
03-17-2014, 08:24 PM
I just get them randomly, sitting on the couch...laying in bed. I get a general feeling of sickness then the fast heart rate comes on.. 160 bpm the blood pressure changes and other heart rate changes happen when I stand up.

I'm assuming you've had a ton of workup, but have they looked at POTS syndrome? Just wondering, because that can mimic anxiety disorders, but the treatment is different. Sorry to hear that you haven't had a great past few days :/

ab123
03-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Oh it's okay, thank you for being concerned though.:) they say it isn't pots for some reason. They didn't mention..but I have a good cardiologist and I believe him about it, I'm just a mystery patient. Wish I could be on an episode of house.

anxietysucksbutt
03-17-2014, 08:37 PM
Oh it's okay, thank you for being concerned though.:) they say it isn't pots for some reason. They didn't mention..but I have a good cardiologist and I believe him about it, I'm just a mystery patient. Wish I could be on an episode of house.

Ok, just figured I'd throw that out there. I worked with heart patients for 4 years as a therapist, and only saw one POTS patient, so I wouldn't really know anyway. A cardiologist would have a much better feel for it, but it just sounded similar to the young gal (she was in her 20's) that I worked with when I was there.

ab123
03-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Hey still much appreciated. I also have gerd. I'm gonna try to control that...and my diet. And see how far I can get with that. Maybe I'll just zap back to normal:)

anxietycat
03-17-2014, 09:26 PM
Glad you are out and feeling better. What kind of DR did the food allergy tests?

Also, I too have been thinking lately that soy may be causing some of my issues but it's in everything I try to eat lately - cliff bars, cereal, etc.

ab123
03-17-2014, 11:06 PM
My normal Dr, ordered the tests. I am having a very very hard time eating this way:/