PDA

View Full Version : Daily symptoms!

riclee7
03-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Hi All, this will be my first ever post even though I've been suffering with this for years now.

May be a long one so I'll apologise jn advance and thank anyone who can take some time to read and maybe help ease my concerns even if a little.

I have accepted that I have anxiety, but still can't accept some of the symptoms i get is purely down to anxiousness.

In the past I suffered badly with chest pains and had all necessary checks, ECG, stress test, 24hr, echo. Blood tests. All came back normal. Chest pains started to calm a little but were there a little still.

It's recently I am really suffering. Back has come the frequent chest pains, along with some new sensations, which I can only describe as cold pressure moving in my stomach and chest... Even more concerning to me is pains in my head. Was having intermittent sharp shooting pains on top of head, medium intensity. But the last 7 days straight I've had a very heavy pressure feeling on back of head and top (nape) of my neck, which has been accompanied by throbbing on side of head above ears and forehead. Yesterday I've started getting a jabbing pain behind my right eye. Had a check at opticians and eyes are fine and clear.

Sorry to be so detailed but I wondered if people have had similar symptoms and know any tricks or natural foods/meds that can help. Determined never to go on docs medication for it.

I appreciate your time to read this and hope you are all well and are managing your anxiety to maintain a good quality of life.

Thanks
Richard

needtogetwell
03-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum.

We see a lot of what is bothering you, and yes it most certainly is anxiety related.

I applaud your decision not to go the meds route, but please don't shut the door on that avenue as it can be extremely helpful.

Do you do any meditation? Progressive relaxation? How about exercise?

One thing that may be of help would be some therapy sessions and some CBT training.

I hope you keep well, find something to occupy your mind. You can and will get through this.

Cheers!
Again, welcome!
~Pam

riclee7
03-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi Pam,

Thanks so much for your reply. Gives some relief to know that these symptoms can be anxiety related.

I haven't tried any form of meditation or relaxation methods, do you find these very helpful? If so, do you have any recommendations?

In relation to exercise, with the exception of the last 3 months I usually exercise plenty. Gym 3-4 times a week and football at least twice a week. Although at the moment I don't have much time (or energy) due to working 50+ hours a week.

I do wonder if certain foods can trigger these anxious thoughts and also anxiety attacks (which I can get every month or so). I have pretty much cut caffeine out of my diet because I read that can act as a trigger, but I'm now doubting whether I should of cut it out completely or just cut down. As you can tell my head is a little all over the place right now.

Thanks again for your reply.
- Ric

NixonRulz
03-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Hi Pam, Thanks so much for your reply. Gives some relief to know that these symptoms can be anxiety related. I haven't tried any form of meditation or relaxation methods, do you find these very helpful? If so, do you have any recommendations? In relation to exercise, with the exception of the last 3 months I usually exercise plenty. Gym 3-4 times a week and football at least twice a week. Although at the moment I don't have much time (or energy) due to working 50+ hours a week. I do wonder if certain foods can trigger these anxious thoughts and also anxiety attacks (which I can get every month or so). I have pretty much cut caffeine out of my diet because I read that can act as a trigger, but I'm now doubting whether I should of cut it out completely or just cut down. As you can tell my head is a little all over the place right now. Thanks again for your reply. - Ric

Coffee is too kick ass to stop

Caffeine can cause heightened anxiety if you relate the coffee buzz as anxiety instead of the just the energy rush you get from you java

If you can drink it and you don't feel so jittery that you feel you could have a panic attack, then guzzle away

I drink way too much a day and I feel great

Diet may or may not cause you to be anxious but eating properly will definitely help in keeping a good balance in your mind and body so to avoid feeling worse. Changing diets often helps people feel better