PDA

View Full Version : So so so confused right now - Should I take meds?

AliasEQ
03-14-2014, 06:01 AM
Hey

I'm so f*cking confused right now. I've been really stressed last couple of days and I'm reconsidering taking meds. I told my family yesterday that I need meds and they asked me if I was crazy. "You're too young" - "You'll get stuck with them" - "Side effects". My gf agreed with them, they're telling me that I don't need meds. My mom has anxiety and it's much worse than mine, she gets horrible panic attacks. She also has asthma, so she takes all kinds of meds. Everything from tramadol to cipralex. And yes, I suffer seeing her so sick and I am starting to hate meds because of this. My doc also told me I don't need meds and that she hates to prescribe them to people. Especially in my age,

On the other hand, you guys are telling me it gets easier to deal with the anxiety. But I don't know. I'm confused. So confused. What should I do??

trinidiva
03-14-2014, 06:53 AM
I was not a huge fan of meds. However,; when your quality of life starts to be affected you may want to consider them. No one says that you need to stay on them for good. Ive been on and off meds for a few years now. I got on a while back....started doing really well....doing cbt/meditation, eating better, exercising etc. I then got off the meds. I stayed off for just about a year or so, then I started going through a stressful period of life again and now im back on again. I feel better now.....it has been helping me deal with stress alot better. I will continue working towards hopefully one day not needing the meds but there is no pressure to hurry and get off.
As far as the side effects, they are typically only bad for the first 4-6 weeks of taking the med....if you take an SSRI like Zoloft, Lexapro, Paxil, etc. Your doc can give you a benzodiazepine to help you get through those first few weeks...since initially your anxiety can be heightened.

Enduronman
03-14-2014, 07:16 AM
You already know what I'm going to say, and, I'm not going to do any more "convincing" either bruh..

Have a great day brah!!

E-Might Just Take A Pill-Man... :)