PDA

View Full Version : Happy!!!

needtogetwell
03-13-2014, 05:53 PM
So I ordered the book "mind over mood" last night . Expecting it to arrive tomorrow. Got an email from amazon stating that due to poor weather conditions in my area , it would be delayed.

Well , low and behold it just arrived!!! I'm off to do some reading now!

Really happy!

ab123
03-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Let me know! ! If it's good I will order it too:)

needtogetwell
03-13-2014, 06:45 PM
First chapter very interesting, and thought provoking.

Talks of interrelationship between your environment, thoughts, physical relationships, moods and behaviours.

Going to work on the exercises at the end of the chapter.

I suppose those who are familiar with CBT may think these things old hat, but for me CBT was 20 years ago and I have a brain like a sieve!

So far liking it very much. Good $14 investment.

anxietysucksbutt
03-13-2014, 06:57 PM
Have you ordered any other books that are worth reading? I'm looking into doing some reading when i get time :)

needtogetwell
03-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Have you ordered any other books that are worth reading? I'm looking into doing some reading when i get time :)

Not recently, but I'm sure others here have read some really good ones.

bittersweetgirl
03-13-2014, 08:13 PM

Somewhat depending on your past, this book was great (actually I think many of her methods would apply to anyone with anxiety):
Healing from Trauma: A Survivor's Guide to Understanding Your Symptoms and Reclaiming Your Life
Jasmin Lee Cori (Author)

I'm now reading this book, and so far it makes me cry, because it's so me (the low-esteem). I'm hoping I'll turn that around!:

The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem
Nathaniel Branden (Author)

anxietysucksbutt
03-13-2014, 10:04 PM
Somewhat depending on your past, this book was great (actually I think many of her methods would apply to anyone with anxiety): Healing from Trauma: A Survivor's Guide to Understanding Your Symptoms and Reclaiming Your Life Jasmin Lee Cori (Author) I'm now reading this book, and so far it makes me cry, because it's so me (the low-esteem). I'm hoping I'll turn that around!: The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem Nathaniel Branden (Author)

Ok awesome! I've read dr. Burns "when panic attacks" and "feeling good". It I really helped me get a handle on the fact that my anxiety is all due to my thoughts. It also gave me some good techniques to work on to help me. It helped get me through my worst time. I still have work to do, but it definitely helped! I'm hoping another book can help me as well!

butterfly82
03-13-2014, 11:01 PM
Ok awesome! I've read dr. Burns "when panic attacks" and "feeling good". It I really helped me get a handle on the fact that my anxiety is all due to my thoughts. It also gave me some good techniques to work on to help me. It helped get me through my worst time. I still have work to do, but it definitely helped! I'm hoping another book can help me as well!

I just ordered these books today! I hope the help me too :)

anxietysucksbutt
03-13-2014, 11:18 PM
I just ordered these books today! I hope the help me too :) Awesome! I started with "when panic attacks", and honestly the first time I read it, I didn't get it and put it down for several months. When I was ready to give it a shot again, it made so much more sense! Dr. Burns also has an awesome workshop in the Bay Area and website (feelinggood.com). Hopefully it helps you likes it has helped me :). There is no easy cure for anxiety, but with work, it does get better over time!

KIKI74
03-14-2014, 05:32 AM
Also "from panic to power"
Good read and the writer actually had anxiety.

The anxiety and depression workbook for dummies as well excellent.

Mind over mood and feel good by burns is used a lot in CBT therapy.

butterfly82
03-14-2014, 06:11 AM
Also "from panic to power" Good read and the writer actually had anxiety. The anxiety and depression workbook for dummies as well excellent. Mind over mood and feel good by burns is used a lot in CBT therapy.

Thank you, I'll get "from panic to power" also :)

butterfly82
03-14-2014, 07:24 AM
A lot of the veterans here swear by Claire Weekes books. I ordered 2 this week. The general consensus is she was ahead of her time and are very relevant. If they're good enough for Nixon, they're good enough for me. That's a member who has a great handle on anxiety and life generally. :) Looking forward to the amazon delivery.

I'm a veteran myself, which is where a lot of my "issues" stem from. I will check out Claire weeks also, thank you!

KIKI74
03-14-2014, 07:57 AM
I have an Ipad and I dowload a lot of free books and PDF that I download on my device. I have about 10-12 books on anxiety and living with depression. If you want a copy, please email me in private and I will send them to you electronically

butterfly82
03-14-2014, 08:58 AM
I have an Ipad and I dowload a lot of free books and PDF that I download on my device. I have about 10-12 books on anxiety and living with depression. If you want a copy, please email me in private and I will send them to you electronically

That would be great! Thank you so much. I just joined yesterday, how do I message you?

anxietysucksbutt
03-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Also "from panic to power"
Good read and the writer actually had anxiety.

The anxiety and depression workbook for dummies as well excellent.

Mind over mood and feel good by burns is used a lot in CBT therapy.

Awesome, thanks! I look up "From Panic to Power". And yeah, I feel like Feeling Good makes a lot of sense for treatment, and can definitely see the value of it!

KIKI74
03-14-2014, 09:32 AM
sent you my email butterfly in a message

KIKI74
03-14-2014, 09:36 AM
for me, I was litterally stuck in anxiety for the longest time....since starting CBT, it is better. I now understand the mechanism and why these things are happening. I am on medication and don't think that I will be a drug-free candidate but it offers me a bit of relief....But I do believe that anxiety is part of my world and that I need to accept it and deal with it....its not easy and I cycle from good days to weeks to sometimes bad ones. But one thing that I have learned is that sometimes it is a way my body tells me that I need to resolve or take care of mylself!

anxietycat
03-14-2014, 01:44 PM
I'm currently reading Feeling Good- it's REALLY long and has a ton of charts but I like it okay.

I also have Mind over Mood and a ton of OCD workbooks.

I am looking for new books to read as well so please recommend some if you all have any good ones.

butterfly82
03-14-2014, 01:53 PM
sent you my email butterfly in a message

Thank you so much!