PDA

View Full Version : Question to the girls on here

vonnhelsing
03-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Do you notice an increase in heart flutters and palpitations a week or a few days before coming on your period?

BrookeLynnnn
03-13-2014, 10:54 AM
Do you notice an increase in heart flutters and palpitations a week or a few days before coming on your period?

I've been having heart flutters randomly for like a week & then I started cramping really bad which means I'm about to start!! So idk if it's related.. I never noticed the flutter before.

Applecherry
03-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Not really for me. Mainly I'll just start feeling "blah" my senses seem dulled, food does not taste as good, even lack of appetite, and there is an egdeness in me I can't explain. Either on edge or just depressed. I can't claim it causes the anxiety, but it makes it worse.

vonnhelsing
03-13-2014, 10:58 AM
I notice that I get them a week before my period every month although I never had this before..
I heard all the hormones can really mess around with heart rhythm. I guess its harmless since the period is a normal bodily thing.
Very unnerving nonetheless :(

amers85
03-13-2014, 10:58 AM

Yes, I get that and also my anxiety levels are way worse during this time. It's a normal thing to happen, its from the hormone levels changing :) yay for us ! Lol

ab123
03-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Oh I totally have it before my period. I had so much.more palpitations while I stayed anxious about it though, thank God I don't get then so often, and when I do they are not as strong. Deep breathing helps. And if you do get one. Don't by give it power. But always right before ny period. That's why I had the mirena iud removed. Huge difference!!

vonnhelsing
03-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Its all that estrogen making our hearts jumpy!

tezbag
03-13-2014, 11:30 AM
I've noticed I am more pron to sever anxiety.

anxietycat
03-13-2014, 12:24 PM
It's called PMDD- I have it too. The anxiety and depression get so much worse about 7-10 days before my period. OBGYN tried to put me on BC but I really don't want to be on BC plus I've also heard BC can make depression worse. So for now I just put up with it and expect it to come :(

trinidiva
03-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Yes, a few days before I can feel my anxiety level increase. Although it is bothersome, I can kind of convince myself that is purely due to hormones and my upcoming cycle. It usually subsides by the second-third day once my cycle starts.

Blessed
03-13-2014, 03:26 PM
Do you notice an increase in heart flutters and palpitations a week or a few days before coming on your period? yes very much so, my anxiety kicks into high gear about a week before my cycle every time