PDA

View Full Version : What can calm you when nothing seems to help?

Applecherry
03-13-2014, 10:51 AM
I woke up feeling so numb today, numb and anxious. "Numb" I'm the sense, I couldn't quite figure out exactly what I was feeling. I don't feel like much is helping right now, sleep just makes me think of my weird dreams, and does not refresh me that much. I don't feel so much like hobbies right now either.

I just can't se to allow good feelings in. :(

WestCanada05
03-13-2014, 11:22 AM
Something that I do that helps me is going through photo albums or photos in general of fun awesome things you did in the past. It can remind you of the fun happy not anxious person you once were, and the memories might trigger some happy memories that will relive the anxiety. Although if you have had a bad past then maybe not a good idea. Also eat apples and watch cartoons. Sounds dumb but it can help a lot.

vonnhelsing
03-13-2014, 11:30 AM
For me its either: 1) lying in bed, drinking tea, listening to guided meditation.
Or 2) taking a calm walk with a close friend who understands and is a good listener (am grateful to have had such a friend, unfortunately he is leaving the country duno how im gona cope)

vonnhelsing
03-13-2014, 11:32 AM
And I agree with the cartoons. I usually watch movies I used to watch when I was younger when im anxious. Something about them makes me feel safe and good and relaxed. Or maybe it reminds me of a simpler time. : ) without all the irrational worries..

tezbag
03-13-2014, 11:44 AM
How I'm learning to deal with my anxiety is though crafting while talking to my bf who has ptsd. Friends who understand are the best help.

Applecherry
03-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I may try looking at old photos, I have put off my photography for several months, I've just been busy with other things.

forgiveandforget1995
03-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Some Music can help! I agree with watching cartoons, watching a cartoon or a comedy always makes me feel a bit better. I tend to try and avoid the news and other depressing programs.

NixonRulz
03-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Wine does wonders

Just a bit of red wine

Niicole Lynne
03-13-2014, 05:57 PM
And I agree with the cartoons. I usually watch movies I used to watch when I was younger when im anxious. Something about them makes me feel safe and good and relaxed. Or maybe it reminds me of a simpler time. : ) without all the irrational worries..

I love this :)

Niicole Lynne
03-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Wine does wonders Just a bit of red wine

Maybe I should take it up haha

And apple cherry I have been feeling the same way all day :(
Can't seem to get a grip
Just wanna cry cuz I hate it so much

Niicole Lynne
03-13-2014, 07:46 PM
I wish I knew this answer
All I wanna do is cry
I'm having some a terrible night and feel so lost like I can't handle life anymore
I'm not suicidal because I'm to afraid so I feel trapped

:(
I wish someone could help me but if feels people don't respond much lately
I don't mean to complain I just feel like I'm losing my mind

NixonRulz
03-13-2014, 07:55 PM
Maybe I should take it up haha And apple cherry I have been feeling the same way all day :( Can't seem to get a grip Just wanna cry cuz I hate it so much

I'm not saying to start self medicating.

I'm just saying in those super bad days, 2 glasses of red wine will have you giggling like a schoolgirl and think anxiety is a big wuss

Niicole Lynne
03-13-2014, 07:57 PM
i'm not saying to start self medicating. I'm just saying in those super bad days, 2 glasses of red wine will have you giggling like a schoolgirl and think anxiety is a big wuss

lol i kno i kno

jessed03
03-13-2014, 08:03 PM
I wish I knew this answer
All I wanna do is cry
I'm having some a terrible night and feel so lost like I can't handle life anymore
I'm not suicidal because I'm to afraid so I feel trapped

:(
I wish someone could help me but if feels people don't respond much lately
I don't mean to complain I just feel like I'm losing my mind

You want a hug?

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/koji-uehara-needs-a-hug.gif

It's quiet here lately. I think eman went and cured everybody.

NixonRulz
03-13-2014, 08:06 PM
You want a hug? It's quiet here lately. I think eman went and cured everybody.

Or is it the calm before the storm?

Niicole Lynne
03-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Thanks Jesse

And I agree
I think eman is probably dealing with his family business