PDA

View Full Version : The thoughts that fuell my anxiety

TomoWHU
03-13-2014, 05:38 AM
The thoughts that fuel my anxiety and feeling down is that when each day passes it's closer to ageing and the end anyone else have these thoughts?, never seem to think this before my set back last week, going to docs on Wednesday to finally go ahead and change my tablets to sertraline because I'm only on 10mg at the mo maybe the low dose has kicked in, just pray that the sertraline when kicked in my system will make me feel better....
Sorry to go in just that I needed to get it of me chest

alankay
03-13-2014, 07:24 AM
Sounds like a bit of depression mixed in which case a bump in the zoloft should help. You're dwelling on these thought and it's a mild form of obsessing. We all realize these things but most don't dwell on them. Just accept life for what it is and get on with making the absolute best of it we can. It's a healthier attitude for sure!!:) Alankay

TomoWHU
03-13-2014, 08:07 AM
Thanks for your reply

I totally admit I have an obsessive nature of thinking as soon as something enters my head what I don't like I obsess about it which triggers off the depression and anxiety, ever since my breakdown in June which was caused by having varicose veins, I obsessed about that, checking my leg all the time, embarrassed and insecure about it, thoughts of its gunna get worse, my girlfriend won't want to be with me because if it ect I finally had it done to clear it up was fine for a while then, entered my mind that the treatment didn't work and it was going to come back then that triggered the anxiety so another step back, then that thought passed and I took a step forward then the use of benzos triggered anxiety and the leg thoughts came up again so step back had cbt and decided to change my meds and that was another step forward so I was put down to 10 mg citalopram and for two week I felt the best I have back to work felt back to myself so my therapist decided I didn't need no more sessions, everything was going well then bang last Thursday this thought I got at the mo entered and I've been obsessed and dwelling on something that's years and years and years ahead of me yet I'm on 28, instead of thinkin of the positives I got I admit the dwelling on this thought is making me struggle to accept And think of these positives I no deep down, sorry for the long post x

davej
03-13-2014, 08:07 AM
that is the exact same root of my anxiety that Ive had for years, you're not alone. I have low periods but have managed to restrict them to once every years or so now by avoiding drinking even slighty too much (my main trigger), exercising and losing a little weight, therapy, and mediction. Still hard when it raises it's head, so I feel for you.

TomoWHU
03-13-2014, 08:27 AM
I no your not a doctor but do you think in your opinion that I need another bout of therapy with these new thoughts ??