PDA

View Full Version : Am I Hyperventilating? Worse on hot or muggy days- how to stop?

ajl
03-12-2014, 10:21 PM
Hi everyone! So my main concern at this very moment is that I am a hyperventilater. I guess my anxiety gets up there and I start to not be able to breathe correctly.

** Until last night I didnt know it was called hyperventilating. I always thought the word hyperventilate meant rapid breathing, fast breathing in other words along w/a racing heart.

I was reading & watching videos made by ppl who have this issue & if Im correct, im actually hyperventilating.

For me its the feeling of needing to take a deep breath in but feeling as if Im not gettin the deep breath, my lungs aint expanding to the point they should be not allowin me to get the deep breath i crave. This leads to me continuing to try to get the deep breath over & over & over & over. Every once an awhile Ill get the deep breath an feel like YAY but then the process starts over again. This come with lots & lots of yawns some yawns are completed other yawns are left hangin. This can freak me out an make me start to panic. Worse yet is any day that is HOT or MUGGY causes me to do this & sends me straight into panic attacks which forces me to avoid outdoors & some rooms indoors as well.

QUESTION.....Is this the same as Hyperventilating??

Usually I deal with this by 1st tellin myself its no big deal I CAN breathe so what if Im not gettin that deep breath right now Ill get 1 later always do no big deal stay calm. I breathe thru my nose tryin to be slow an calm abt it mostly ignore it an ever so often Ill take a deeper breath in thru my mouth to try to fill the desire of needing the deeper breath sometimes ill get the deep breath sometimes I wont. There is NO racing heart beat. (unless I start to freak out & panic then it races a Lil bit)

So.. is this hyperventilating, if so, how do I stop myself/avoid from hyperventilating to begin with ?

Thanks =]