PDA

View Full Version : Hi...

Ingrid_Cerillium525
03-12-2014, 08:34 PM
So I'm visiting some family, and they don't know about my anxiety. My mom is the only knows a little bit about my issues. I've worked really hard not to let anyone see and I always wait till they're all asleep to "let go". I don't know how much longer I can do this. It's been almost three days. Help!

Oh, by the way...can panic/anxiety attacks cause fevers? For the past couple of weeks, I've noticed that I sometimes have small fevers right after I have a panic attack.
Thanks!

ab123
03-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I know it's hard. I don't think panic attacks will cause a fever. But I do know if your fighting off even a small cold it can cause panic attacks. What is your anxiety mostly about? The panic attacks themselves?

bittersweetgirl
03-12-2014, 10:39 PM
So I'm visiting some family, and they don't know about my anxiety. My mom is the only knows a little bit about my issues. I've worked really hard not to let anyone see and I always wait till they're all asleep to "let go". I don't know how much longer I can do this. It's been almost three days. Help!

Oh, by the way...can panic/anxiety attacks cause fevers? For the past couple of weeks, I've noticed that I sometimes have small fevers right after I have a panic attack.
Thanks!

I try to hide my anxiety too, and it's SO hard. Sometimes I just take breaks from family during visits, even if it seems weird. I'm remembering now a couple of trips in which I waited until everyone was asleep to completely freak out. Honestly, after that I stopped visiting - I learned my limits. Try to take some breaks during the day, if you can - a "nap", whatever.

I don't know about the fevers... if they're small, it's probably nothing to worry about. I've never checked mine during or after an anxiety attack, but I know I can get pretty fired up, so to speak!

Ingrid_Cerillium525
03-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Thanks bittersweet girl! It feels good to know that someone else has some of the same things going on. Most of my friends say that I'm lucky, because I can hide my anxiety, or that it's must not be as bad as theirs. But I'm not so sure about that one...
:3

rjo1986
03-13-2014, 01:06 AM
I didn't know this either untill a recent bad attack put me in the er, hey I thought i was dying whatever lol anyway yes some people do get slight fevers before during or after a panic attack it shouldn't last long usually subsides when you calm down.