PDA

View Full Version : Weaning off citalopram and my eyes and head are hurting

whongvj
03-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Hi guys! I am weaning off citalopram and I am now taking 5mg every other day, after a week I can completely stop taking it.. But I noticed that my right eye has been hurting and my head too, like I am having sinusitis.. Does anyone experienced the same thing?

Enduronman
03-12-2014, 05:39 PM
I personally have not, but yes, weaning off of medications can do all sorts of stuff in the area of the head of course..
May I ask why you've chosen to stop the citalopram???? Just curious, and it helps us to know if there has been any bad effects too...

Thank you!

Enduronman.. :)

whongvj
03-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Hi Enduroman! I was on and off citalopram for almost 2 years now..I still have anxiety but I just want to stop prescription medicine and try the natural ones.. I am still gonna ask anybody here about St. John's worth, GABA and other natural stuffs I can take..I didn't really see any very obvious side effects of citalopram, but It seems that's it's not that effective on me, or maybe there's really no anxiety medicine that would completely make all the symptoms go away..

Enduronman
03-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Just some thoughts...
Since you've been on citalopram for 2 years and still suffering with bouts of anxiety (citalopram was never meant to treat anxiety btw)...
You should ask your doctor to switch you over to escitalopram (as it is and does have the power to help with anxiety here in the US)...
Nearly the same chemical,..they are a mirror image of one another, yet one is strictly for depression (the one youre on) and one is for both depression AND anxiety (the other one)....
I would think it in your best interest overall, to try the other, before going cold turkey and trying naturals (I tried them ALLLLLLLL, they don't work).....
PLEEAAASSSEEEE think about that idea first...you may say YES!!!!
citalopram=celexa
escitalopram=lexapro

whongvj
03-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Thank you! I didn't know citalopram is just for depression..I can tell you've been through a lot already because you know all these things.. I appreciate your concern.. Are you taking any medication right now?

Enduronman
03-12-2014, 07:45 PM
Only 12!!! LOL!!
Yes dear, I take many medications (I have scrips for 12 but dont always take all 12)..
I take 4 for my mental health issues everyday...I DO take those,..
Then the others are for soreness, pains, and a rare disease called polychondritis...
BUT, I feel great as can be!!..
And yes, I know alot about medications too without looking it up...especially after 46 years of ADD/ADHD, PTSD, Anxiety, Social anxiety, Performance anxiety, OCD, and IED..YAY!!!
Yes, what you take is only for major depressive disorder, and that you are not!
Try the (escitalopram=Lexapro) first...before giving up..it IS labled for both in the US....:)

E-Man.. :)

whongvj
03-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Thank you E-man.. I hope and pray you will get better and better. I don't have depression, I developed health anxiety after my brother passed away..

Enduronman
03-12-2014, 07:54 PM
I am sorry to hear that friend,..but
You do not present as a depressed person at all..very strong in fact..
Yes, that's when this health anxiety got you..fear..
But, You're also healthy too so you're ok..

Blessings sent your way too friend!
Thank you....