PDA

View Full Version : Benzos

TomoWHU
03-12-2014, 02:45 AM
People's opinions on benzos for anxiety please ???

needtogetwell
03-12-2014, 03:25 AM

My opinion:

1. They are useful, even critical to some managing this condition.

2. They are to be RESPECTED. They are not a magic bullet that will instantly cure you of anxiety or panic. They are a tool to use as you work on how you are going to effectively manage this beast .

NixonRulz
03-12-2014, 04:03 AM

The best damn thing ever for me when I was at my worst

As Frankie said, long term the SSRI did it's thing well for me

But while waiting for it work, Xanax was an absolute blessing

Enduronman
03-12-2014, 05:19 AM
YAY!!!

nuff said...

Have a great day!!

Enduronman... :)

TomoWHU
03-12-2014, 05:33 AM
I'm taking them now as hit a snag with anxiety got a appointment with docs next wed to switch ssri to try them , I don't want to be taking lorazapam for the rest of my life but if it helps me for the time being so what, I can't go to work everyday fuelling my anxiety disorder with the fact that I can't accept that your life changes and u get older ect and eventually it's all over don't wana live rest of my life when I've got a bright future ahead of me end of this year and start of next x

Enduronman
03-12-2014, 05:41 AM
Don't worry, freat, fear, or concern yourself with the future...no one knows what that may hold...
1. Live for today....so what if you need some benzos, I've been on them for 8 years and they make my life more "tolerable"..I don't wonder nor worry about why, what, when, where, or how......they're just there, for now.
2. Forget the past..We've ALLLLL have moments of trauma and or fear and or things that are hard to forget, forget them. Nothing can be changed about things pasts..
3. Look forward too and have hope for, the future..quit spending all day trying to make the entire future, look like, what you "think" it should look like...today...
4. Accept the fact that things do and will change, and that life and time waits for no one friend...

Have a great new day, new friend!

Enduronman.. :)

TomoWHU
03-12-2014, 05:49 AM
Thank man that's really inspiring, when I beat the horrible thoughts I'm having which I think would be the worst of I've had in the past (which I've got over) il be fully recovered x

needtogetwell
03-12-2014, 05:53 AM
Thank man that's really inspiring, when I beat the horrible thoughts I'm having which I think would be the worst of I've had in the past (which I've got over) il be fully recovered x

That is absolutely the right attitude!

One minute, one hour, one day at a time. The future will take care of itself!

TomoWHU
03-12-2014, 06:01 AM
I no all the facts before this setback these thoughts didn't bother me, as soon as I accept these thoughts the better

alankay
03-12-2014, 08:09 AM
For the truly anxious a god send if used properly. An AD should also be tried at least for a while but benzos are used because they work and work fast for the vast majority.
They are not the "answer" but can be a big part of managing anxiety.
I prefer longer acting(valium, klonopin, clorazepate, ativan) ones and use as little as you can. Alankay

Niicole Lynne
03-12-2014, 08:51 AM
I'm taking them now as hit a snag with anxiety got a appointment with docs next wed to switch ssri to try them , I don't want to be taking lorazapam for the rest of my life but if it helps me for the time being so what, I can't go to work everyday fuelling my anxiety disorder with the fact that I can't accept that your life changes and u get older ect and eventually it's all over don't wana live rest of my life when I've got a bright future ahead of me end of this year and start of next x

I just wanna let you know I deal with this same anxiety which has also for me gotten worse lately
I am in the process of working it out to accept things as they are which is my struggle
I am currently on Effexor but no benzos yet

Hope we can conquer this together and if u ever wanna talk about it msg me because I know sometimes I feel alone with this anxiety and fear so I'm here for you and dealing with some of the same!

TomoWHU
03-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Cheers Nicole plz feel free to message me when ever you want

Dahila
03-12-2014, 09:52 AM
I am on and off benzos for years, it must not to be abused and it does not cure, but helps to focus on actual healing which will happen.. Anxiety can not be cured, it can only be managed:)

acetone
03-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Great meds. The most effective anti-anxiety. Very safe too.

tezbag
03-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Well I've been on and off of benzos for years now. I used to abuse them. Now I take them as prescribed.

TomoWHU
03-12-2014, 12:21 PM
I just worry if I take them long enough il develop withdrawals coz they say no more than 2 weeks and short term use only

acetone
03-13-2014, 08:51 AM
I just worry if I take them long enough il develop withdrawals coz they say no more than 2 weeks and short term use only

To prevent withdrawals switch to longer acting benzos(valium or klonopin) and taper off slowly. Many people take benzos for long term.