PDA

View Full Version : Exposure therapy!

BrookeLynnnn
03-11-2014, 12:26 PM
I need to learn to drive alone again & be okay.. So today I will try some exposure therapy from a book I'm reading.

1. Sit in the car for 15 minutes
2. Back car to end of driveway & then go back up
3. Back car to the street & then go back up
4. Drive down the street & then turn around
5. Go around the block
6. Go a few blocks away

Hmmm.. Let's see how it goes! :)

Btw friends.. NEVER drive yourself somewhere in the middle of a panic attack. Lesson learned..

anxietycat
03-11-2014, 12:28 PM
I need to learn to drive alone again & be okay.. So today I will try some exposure therapy from a book I'm reading.

1. Sit in the car for 15 minutes
2. Back car to end of driveway & then go back up
3. Back car to the street & then go back up
4. Drive down the street & then turn around
5. Go around the block
6. Go a few blocks away

Hmmm.. Let's see how it goes! :)

Btw friends.. NEVER drive yourself somewhere in the middle of a panic attack. Lesson learned..

I once had a panic attack 2 hours away from home on a work trip and had to drive home. It was awful. I don't recommend either. Good for you!

BrookeLynnnn
03-11-2014, 12:29 PM
I once had a panic attack 2 hours away from home on a work trip and had to drive home. It was awful. I don't recommend either. Good for you!

OMG that is terrible!! I was only about 10 minutes away.. I couldn't imagine 2 hours!! :/

jessed03
03-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Sounds smart Brooke Lynn. Your self-education and persistence are really admirable.

Exposure is a great way of getting on top of certain anxieties :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Sounds smart Brooke Lynn. Your self-education and persistence are really admirable. Exposure is a great way of getting on top of certain anxieties :)

Thank you!! :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-11-2014, 04:48 PM
Exposure therapy was a success!!

Went around my parents block where there's no stop signs, just a circle.. Felt good so I broke out of my shell & went another block with stop signs!! It felt really good.

Tomorrow, I'll try to go a little farther! :) btw, I've had NO Xanax today so this was all me!! Lol

needtogetwell
03-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Exposure therapy was a success!! Went around my parents block where there's no stop signs, just a circle.. Felt good so I broke out of my shell & went another block with stop signs!! It felt really good. Tomorrow, I'll try to go a little farther! :) btw, I've had NO Xanax today so this was all me!! Lol

Outstanding Brooke! Keep it up! Sooooooo proud of you!!!!
:D

BrookeLynnnn
03-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Outstanding Brooke! Keep it up! Sooooooo proud of you!!!! :D

Thank you!!!!! I appreciate that :)

amers85
03-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Good for you !! I'm gonna have to try this. And also I need to do my homework my therapist gave me, and let my boyfriend drive me around the block. I have to always be the one driving and in control.

BrookeLynnnn
03-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Good for you !! I'm gonna have to try this. And also I need to do my homework my therapist gave me, and let my boyfriend drive me around the block. I have to always be the one driving and in control.

Thank you! :)

You can do it girl! Goooood luck :)

Niicole Lynne
03-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Thank you! :) You can do it girl! Goooood luck :)

That's amazing girl!!!! Awesome job!

BrookeLynnnn
03-11-2014, 05:43 PM
That's amazing girl!!!! Awesome job!

Thank you!!!! :)

jjh333
03-11-2014, 05:53 PM

I'm the same way! I'm okay with certain people in the car, but I use my car as a way to always know I can flight if I ever need to!

chardae
03-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Yay! Go you !!

BrookeLynnnn
03-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Yay! Go you !!

Thank you! :)

Enduronman
03-11-2014, 06:39 PM
YAY!!!!

Enduronman.. :)

NixonRulz
03-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Exposure therapy was a success!! Went around my parents block where there's no stop signs, just a circle.. Felt good so I broke out of my shell & went another block with stop signs!! It felt really good. Tomorrow, I'll try to go a little farther! :) btw, I've had NO Xanax today so this was all me!! Lol

Tomorrow you should go driving by leaning low in the seat with the beats pumpin

Be too cool for anxiety

Bust a cap in dat bit*h if it shows it's face

Way to go

You could be Driving Miss Daisey in no time

BrookeLynnnn
03-11-2014, 06:55 PM
YAY!!!! Enduronman.. :)

Yesssssss :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Tomorrow you should go driving by leaning low in the seat with the beats pumpin Be too cool for anxiety Bust a cap in dat bit*h if it shows it's face Way to go You could be Driving Miss Daisey in no time

Lmao I'm do gonna do that tomorrow! Haha