PDA

View Full Version : Depression/anxiety tattoo

mikecole114
03-11-2014, 05:27 AM
Hey

So I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while and see this as a good opportunity to get something inspiring and meaningful to help or encourage me. Or maybe a simple mantra to follow. Anyhow I have a couple of ideas I will share but I'm interested if anyone eles has had their battle depicted on their body for a positive reason????

Anyone have any pictures will be very interesting to hear your reasons

Cheers mike

needtogetwell
03-11-2014, 05:50 AM
Hey So I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while and see this as a good opportunity to get something inspiring and meaningful to help or encourage me. Or maybe a simple mantra to follow. Anyhow I have a couple of ideas I will share but I'm interested if anyone eles has had their battle depicted on their body for a positive reason???? Anyone have any pictures will be very interesting to hear your reasons Cheers mike

Interesting idea Mike! Choose something that touches your soul. It has to have positive meaning, not a remembrance of the past and tough times. You would hate to bring up old memories that could trigger a relapse!

I wish you luck! When you find whatever it is you want tatooed carry it around with you everywhere to make sure it gives you a positive feeling every time you look at it!

Cheers!
~Pam

needtogetwell
03-11-2014, 05:52 AM
One other thing....if I were to do this I would choose a Phoenix...to me it signifies being reborn out of the ashes to live the life I want.

:)

Enduronman
03-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Tell us what kind of ideas you have here Mike?????
And also how you are doing too bruh???
Haven't seen you in a couple weeks....

Enduronman.. :)

taffy
03-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Interesting idea Mike! Choose something that touches your soul. It has to have positive meaning, not a remembrance of the past and tough times. You would hate to bring up old memories that could trigger a relapse!

I wish you luck! When you find whatever it is you want tatooed carry it around with you everywhere to make sure it gives you a positive feeling every time you look at it!

Cheers!
~Pam

I am heavily tattooed - love a bit ink. I agree with Pam though - I wouldn't get something that will forever remind you of the tough times you've been through. Instead get something forward looking. Something which reflects your strength and ability to overcome lifes obstacles.

BrookeLynnnn
03-11-2014, 10:00 AM
I love the idea!! A few weeks ago, I got "Someday I will find my way."

I have lots of tattoos so later on in life when I beat this anxiety, I want another one symbolizing me overcoming it.

Ashlee13x
03-11-2014, 10:43 AM
I am getting a tattoo soon that reads 'we only part to meet again'... it reflects a lot in my life! Hope you find the right one for you.. I think it's a great idea!

John_Mark
03-12-2014, 05:42 AM
Hi!
One cool tattoo I have in mind (for mikecole114) is a ship tattoo. I believe it's a great anxiety/depression tattoo because it means the following - a journey in life, courage, survival (maybe the courage to survive in life), honor and spirit. This is one of the main reasons I would choose a ship tattoo as a depression/anxiety tattoo. Here are more meanings for the ship tattoo (http://www.tattooneed.com/ship-tattoos-meaning-sailing/).

Another good tattoo to choose would be a Phoenix - it also means a lot of nice things, like: die and reborn (rebirth), a new life, or a new beginning, resurrection, life, etc. I think it would be a great anti-depression tattoo if I can say so.

Maybe this ideas will help you out. Maybe I'll have more ideas in the near future for you. Keep in touch.

mikecole114
03-15-2014, 11:52 AM
Yeah I like that idea especially the ship one I'm not a big fan of tattoos that are just slogans I want something like this I think but a different type of whale but similar pattern

raaangah1
03-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Love the idea of getting a tattoo as encouragement-I'm thinking of getting "illegitima non carborundum" on my foot which means "don't let the bastards grind you down"- I know it's a bit cliche but to me it means the inner bastards :)