PDA

View Full Version : Manipulation???

anxietycat
03-11-2014, 04:49 AM
Y therapist suggested that I learn how to manipulate my overbearing boss. At first I was thinking way harsh girl! But I did it and feel pretty good. Going to get a facial today as part of a "work assignment". She says I try too hard to please people all the time and I need to worry more about myself. Okay then!

needtogetwell
03-11-2014, 05:15 AM
I think what's troubling you is the negative connotation of the word manipulation.

People who manipulate are inherently bad, (or so society tells us). But if you put a positive spin on the word and think of it as "guiding a situation to your desired outcome", then it can be a good thing.

Here's to you continuing to guide your situations to your desired and positive outcomes!

Hope you enjoyed the facial!

Cheers!

anxietycat
03-11-2014, 05:39 AM
I think what's troubling you is the negative connotation of the word manipulation. People who manipulate are inherently bad, (or so society tells us). But if you put a positive spin on the word and think of it as "guiding a situation to your desired outcome", then it can be a good thing. Here's to you continuing to guide your situations to your desired and positive outcomes! Hope you enjoyed the facial! Cheers!

You're exactly right! Thanks Pam!

needtogetwell
03-11-2014, 05:41 AM
You're exactly right! Thanks Pam!

Any time! :) :)

Dahila
03-11-2014, 06:34 AM
If I manipulate someone to get help or even my grandchild to learn how to put her snickers on,,,,,is this bad? ;))

anxietycat
03-11-2014, 06:39 AM
If I manipulate someone to get help or even my grandchild to learn how to put her snickers on,,,,,is this bad? ;))according to my therapist, not at all ;)

Dahila
03-11-2014, 06:42 AM
according to my therapist, not at all ;) She is right:)))

Enduronman
03-11-2014, 08:36 AM
Hell yes,!!! I love this idea....
Let us know how it goes, I know you were struggling in that office...
We're here if you need us, chat, vent, whatever.....

Have a great manipulative day friend!!

Enduronman.. :)