PDA

View Full Version : POSITIVE tips and tricks, quotes. let's do it.

ab123
03-11-2014, 12:25 AM
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.* JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.* It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.*

This helps me.

rhar
03-11-2014, 01:17 AM
:) :) :) :)

ab123
03-11-2014, 01:46 AM
We need this girl. Lol:) it all boils down to attitude. Not to say it's always easy, or Always going to work.. but... it helps.

rhar
03-11-2014, 02:11 AM
We do need this. We can get there :)

needtogetwell
03-11-2014, 05:07 AM
I saw this quote yesterday and thought it sums up our collective situation quite nicely. It also gives us something to aspire to.

If you live in the past.....you have depression.

If you live in the future....you have anxiety.

If you live in the present....you have peace.

I'm hoping we all find peace!

Cheers everyone! Have a great day!

~Pam

Dahila
03-11-2014, 06:39 AM
Needtogetwell are you meditating? :)) This is exactly right *^^^

needtogetwell
03-11-2014, 06:42 AM
Needtogetwell are you meditating? :)) This is exactly right *^^^

Yup! Every day!!! Helps HUGE!
:D

Dahila
03-11-2014, 06:48 AM
goodddddddd it is a huge help the difference is incredible, My both children do this regularly... guess who convinced them:)))

NixonRulz
03-11-2014, 07:32 AM
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.* JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.* It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.*

This helps me.

Alaina - you are a great edition here

You are dealing with anxiety like most here but also real medical issues.

Oh yeah, and a couple of little ones

But you always have one of the best attitudes and outlooks

Even when you vent a bit, you always end how it isn't a big deal or you will just deal with that too

You attitude is contagious to many, I'm sure

Enduronman
03-11-2014, 08:42 AM
NEVER LOOK BACK.

I live by that...yesterday is past....

Have a great day Alaina!!!

Enduronman.. :)

Dahila
03-11-2014, 09:44 AM
Yesterday is a past, tomorrow is not here yet so the only option is to be here right now:)))))))))))

Ashlee13x
03-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Needtogetwell... I really love your quote!! That sums me up! I want to start meditating soon!! Reading a book on it at the moment!!

needtogetwell
03-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Needtogetwell... I really love your quote!! That sums me up! I want to start meditating soon!! Reading a book on it at the moment!!

Thank you Ashlee!
Let us know how you are feeling with the meditation.

Kabukicho
03-11-2014, 11:58 AM
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -Hamlet

ab123
03-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Thanks Nixon,I appreciate that. I would probably go crazy if I didn't! I just feel like attitude really is everything. Beleive be I struggle..but it feels so much better to be happy. :)I love positive threads.!

jessed03
03-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Really like your quote Alaina. Infact subconscious anxiety isn't something we talk about much on here, but it's a very important topic. :)

ab123
03-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Good one for wells!! Its true. I'm strong as hell now. :) most times.....lol

ab123
03-13-2014, 05:32 PM
So, after three months of eating anxiety, literally checking every label...and eating only approved foods, I ate. A gluten free veggie pizza, teriyaki chicken, and a salad from panera with bacon!!! Bacon. So good. Gluten free. But damnnnnnnn good. All in moderation, but Damn. So good. Just wanted to share.

jessed03
03-13-2014, 05:37 PM
See! Gluten free food can be nice..

Occassionally :)

needtogetwell
03-13-2014, 05:46 PM
So, after three months of eating anxiety, literally checking every label...and eating only approved foods, I ate. A gluten free veggie pizza, teriyaki chicken, and a salad from panera with bacon!!! Bacon. So good. Gluten free. But damnnnnnnn good. All in moderation, but Damn. So good. Just wanted to share.

Sounds good!

Panera just opened up near me. Now I have a good reason to go!

ab123
03-13-2014, 06:24 PM
It was so good. I wish I could go back In time and eat it again. And no bad reaction, I think gluten free really is the right choice. But man that was gooooodddd

needtogetwell
03-13-2014, 06:33 PM
It was so good. I wish I could go back In time and eat it again. And no bad reaction, I think gluten free really is the right choice. But man that was gooooodddd

It's all about the bacon!!!! Lol

Bacon makes everything better...in moderation, of course! :D

Glad gluten free is working for you!

ab123
03-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Thank you, it's nice to be proactive about my healthy:) Just not...obsessively. lol

jessed03
03-13-2014, 07:24 PM
'Laina, where did you get your pizza, did you buy it or make it??

I tried to make one last night, didn't go so well lol.

NixonRulz
03-13-2014, 07:38 PM
It's all about the bacon!!!! Lol Bacon makes everything better...in moderation, of course! :D Glad gluten free is working for you!

I don't understand the gluten thing and never heard of it until 5 years ago

I do know bacon

Bacon is a necessity in life

jessed03
03-13-2014, 07:47 PM
I don't understand the gluten thing and never heard of it until 5 years ago

I do know bacon

Bacon is a necessity in life

Yeah it became a fad, weirdly.

I do it cos I'm allergic. 'Laina does it for her heart. All these people that choose to do it should be whipped with a rusty chain.

I'd do anything for real Italian pasta.

But the substitutes are good now. They make bagels, muffins, bread, flour, that tastes almost like real. I tried it for a week 7 years ago when I was 18. The food then tasted like hockey puck. It was disgusting.

needtogetwell
03-13-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't understand the gluten thing and never heard of it until 5 years ago I do know bacon Bacon is a necessity in life

The gluten thing has certainly gained noteriety in the last 5 years!

I have a girlfriend in Oregon, who grew up with me in Montreal, Canada. All her life she has been able to eat wheat product....until she moved to the States. She can not tolerate wheat products any more. She is a really smart cookie and has done extensive research to figure out why all the trouble.

Turns out, in the States, much of the wheat grains in commercially available products, comes from GMO treated seeds. In Canada, this is not the case. Use of GMO modified products are stringently regulated. Turns out said friend comes home to visit and can eat wheat products to her hearts content. Coincidence???

I'm beginning to think that much of the increase in gluten intolerance is coming from what we consider progress!

1 or 2 generations ago you rarely heard of it unless someone had celiac disease!

NixonRulz
03-13-2014, 07:58 PM
The gluten thing has certainly gained noteriety in the last 5 years! I have a girlfriend in Oregon, who grew up with me in Montreal, Canada. All her life she has been able to eat wheat product....until she moved to the States. She can not tolerate wheat products any more. She is a really smart cookie and has done extensive research to figure out why all the trouble. Turns out, in the States, much of the wheat grains in commercially available products, comes from GMO treated seeds. In Canada, this is not the case. Use of GMO modified products are stringently regulated. Turns out said friend comes home to visit and can eat wheat products to her hearts content. Coincidence??? I'm beginning to think that much of the increase in gluten intolerance is coming from what we consider progress! 1 or 2 generations ago you rarely heard of it unless someone had celiac disease!

I saw Chris Rock do a segment about being lactose intolerant. That was the gluten 10 years ago

He said that there is no kid this is lactose intolerant in Ethiopia

They would eat a sock

And it's true,

Just makes you think of things that we may create ourselves

needtogetwell
03-13-2014, 08:02 PM
I saw Chris Rock do a segment about being lactose intolerant. That was the gluten 10 years ago He said that there is no kid this is lactose intolerant in Ethiopia They would eat a sock And it's true, Just makes you think of things that we may create ourselves

So true. So true! Thanks for the reality check! I owe you one. :D

ab123
03-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Maybe it's the wheat in Oregon !!I actually ordered the pizza!! Google cauliflower pizza crust..I hear it's not too bad..figaros has it!! I definitely notice the difference if I slip up and eat gluten...:/ I'm definitely sensitive to it. But it has become quite the fad. Its not a fun fad. Just make good choices people!!except if your body acts crazy why the hell not. Try it. Lol

NixonRulz
03-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Maybe it's the wheat in Oregon !!I actually ordered the pizza!! Google cauliflower pizza crust..I hear it's not too bad..figaros has it!! I definitely notice the difference if I slip up and eat gluten...:/ I'm definitely sensitive to it. But it has become quite the fad. Its not a fun fad. Just make good choices people!!except if your body acts crazy why the hell not. Try it. Lol

You should be "HappyAb"

Again with the half full glass attitude

I think I would rather have a panic attack than have to eat cauliflower pizza

LOL

jessed03
03-13-2014, 08:24 PM
It doesn't look bad. I can't imagine what it tastes like. I've never seen it over here.

Dunno about Oregon, but here dominos and Pizza Hut make a regular gluten free pizza, tastes like real pizza but a little less crust.... And they make it square.

When you sit down to eat it, everyone knows you're that sick bastard that ordered the special pizza and made them wait 20 minutes longer for the delivery.

Enduronman
03-13-2014, 08:25 PM
OMG she ate food?...YAYAAAYAAYAAAY!!!!! :)

ab123
03-13-2014, 08:29 PM
Hahaha that's funny glass is only half full sometimes, there are also other times it Is empty. Why might you ask? Hubby pissed me off. I was getting water in the kitchen, and he knows how I actually need ice water to drink to stimulate the vagus nerve into calming my heart down. Anyways. I was being a b word when he was handing me the ice tray. And he dumped all of the ice in the sink when I needed it. So I threw the whole glass of water on him. Hahahah. We think it's comical now, But we were very serious about out water and ice fight. Can't take life too seriously though. It'll make you crazy.

NixonRulz
03-13-2014, 08:30 PM
It doesn't look bad. I can't imagine what it tastes like. I've never seen it over here. Dunno about Oregon, but here dominos and Pizza Hut make a regular gluten free pizza, tastes like real pizza but a little less crust.... And they make it square. When you sit down to eat it, everyone knows you're that sick bastard that ordered the special pizza and made them wait 20 minutes longer for the delivery.

Hahahahahaha

Do they shine a spotlight on you while you are eating it?

jessed03
03-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Hahaha that's funny glass is only half full sometimes, there are also other times it Is empty. Why might you ask? Hubby pissed me off. I was getting water in the kitchen, and he knows how I actually need ice water to drink to stimulate the vagus nerve into calming my heart down. Anyways. I was being a b word when he was handing me the ice tray. And he dumped all of the ice in the sink when I needed it. So I threw the whole glass of water on him. Hahahah. We think it's comical now, But we were very serious about out water and ice fight. Can't take life too seriously though. It'll make you crazy.

Why were you being a b when he was doing what you wanted and handing you the tray?

Nixon can you imagine how they get it on in the bedroom? 'Oh babe I love when you stimulate my vagus nerve like that'

Ah man, I've gotta stop typing stuff after I've had some beers.

ab123
03-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Because I said these words" I know I haven't been able to do much lately...but I can really try today so we can hang out as a family, so what do you want to do today.." and he says..."I really just wanted to put to fog lights on my jeep and wash it" so I got a little upset..and told him to go ahead and do that. And he sensed me Being upset so he walked away as usual. I walked into the kitchen to get water and he grabbed the ice tray and I said" I don't want your help right now" in a snobby tone. So he dumped then in the sink. I just thought it was pretty rude seeing as how ive been struggling for three months to do anything at all. Haven't worked in a week. And haven't been out of bed all week. To show I was tryibg. And to get that response. Made me want to punch him. But I didn't. Just threw water at him after he dumped my ice. Lol oh the joy.

jessed03
03-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Ah I see.

At least you would have had plenty of ice on hand for his bruise if you did hit him!

ab123
03-13-2014, 09:18 PM
I.don't roll like that, must be respectful when you see me in bed all day and when I'm trying, don't tell me you'd rather do.something else and expect me not to be a little upset. Ugh. Now he's cooking me salmon. All is forgiven.

jessed03
03-13-2014, 09:21 PM
So what did you end up doing, having a family day, or let him fix his truck?

ab123
03-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Neither lol.

ab123
03-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Lmao. I'm bitching on my positive thread. Its Nixon's. Fault for mentioning the glass half full. Reminded me of the glass of water. Hahahah

anxietysucksbutt
03-13-2014, 09:57 PM
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.* JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.* It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.* This helps me.

So true! I used to get so frustrated when I'd have a good week then slip right back to being more anxious! Now I just accept it and move on!

tezbag
03-13-2014, 10:04 PM
Is it positively negatively the fault of a paradox... Yes claim the law of paradox now all is in void and may resume great conversation.
I avoid the internet till night time for my health anxiety it fuels it in all honestly. If I feel the thoughts coming on I go outside get air and name random things. To take my mind off of my magnified symptoms from health anxiety so I stop convincing myself I'm dying.
I rarely have depression... but when I feel down. I take walks. But mostly Distraction:D

ab123
03-15-2014, 04:13 PM
I got my nails done today,and I'm getting an amazing pedicure also.all in all.life is.good. no matter the struggle.

mom23
03-15-2014, 04:20 PM
I got my nails done today,and I'm getting an amazing pedicure also.all in all.life is.good. no matter the struggle.

I could so go for a pedicure. Ahhh

ab123
03-15-2014, 05:48 PM
I so needed it!!!!:)