PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!! I don't know what to do and I am scared.

soxfan
04-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi,

I am new to this board and have so far found it very useful. I am 37 years old and suffering from anxiety. I have 90% of the symptoms from the list. However, some things are still making me think maybe I have some other underlying disease. I am worried sick about MS, Parkinsons, etc... I have read the postings and realize that is common amongst anxiety sufferers. I just wanted to know if it is possible to have tremor in just one hand and only off and on, or is that more in line with a neuro disease. I also get shooting pains in my toe and little finger, burning pains all over, a feeling of heat up my neck, tingling in all extremities, and I had a really weird feeling of almost like a blood pressure cuff around my upper arms. Also, I am very fatigued, and have muscle soreness like you get from over exercising.

I think I am most concerned because these symptoms have persisted off and on for nearly 2 months ( I was very worked up emotionally at the onset of symptoms). My DR. prescribed celexa and klonopin which I have been on for about 6 weeks, yet I am not getting better. Does anyone have any ideas for me - I feel so alone and I think I am starting to drive my husband and family insane. I actually have requested a neuro consult and am praying that it will be soon, thinking I am sick is making it worse, but even when I am happy I still notice some symptoms.

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd be so happy to hear them. Thank you.

RabidBadger
04-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi soxfan

I think the biggest consolation that I can offer you is that if you were to mention your fears about MS and Parkinson's Disease to your doctor, he would probably humour you while you were in his office but when you'd gone he'd say to himself "not another one!"

If he/she thought for one moment that you had MS or Parkinson's, they would take action - it would be negligent not to.

The truth is, the effects of anxiety do mimic what you might expect to experience from a neruological illness but if you spoke to someone who had MS or Parkinson's, you would probably find that their symptoms are nothing like what you are feeling.

It is natural for anxiety to make you think about diseases like MS or Parkinson's - after all, if it just made you think you had an ingrowing toenail, it woulnd't be anxiety would it?

Best wishes

Chris

Beachgirl
04-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi soxfan

I think the biggest consolation that I can offer you is that if you were to mention your fears about MS and Parkinson's Disease to your doctor, he would probably humour you while you were in his office but when you'd gone he'd say to himself "not another one!"

If he/she thought for one moment that you had MS or Parkinson's, they would take action - it would be negligent not to.

The truth is, the effects of anxiety do mimic what you might expect to experience from a neruological illness but if you spoke to someone who had MS or Parkinson's, you would probably find that their symptoms are nothing like what you are feeling.

It is natural for anxiety to make you think about diseases like MS or Parkinson's - after all, if it just made you think you had an ingrowing toenail, it woulnd't be anxiety would it?

Best wishes

Chris

Well said :)

soxfan
04-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it.