PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pulling; have you done it or heard of it?

mrsheatherjanssens
03-10-2014, 06:09 PM
Me again! Has anyone heard of a very good/therapeutic routine called "Oil Pulling"? I have tried this years ago when I had horrible brain fog (that I just learned to get used to sigh) and it helped a lot but events happened around that time that made me forget about the routine of Oil Pulling. I came across it again last week and read up on ALL the benefits again and saw that Oil Pulling (especially with raw coconut oil) helps with Tinnitus symptoms, ear problems, ANXIETY and a HOST of problems....even restless legs (which I have and it's a nightly routine for me to stretch my legs forever because of it and I know, for myself, it's definitely stress/anxiety related).

Has/does anyone do this routine? How is going for you? Any warnings?

Thanks in advance! :)

Heather

jessed03
03-10-2014, 06:21 PM
If it worked for you, that's awesome. But I just don't believe in it :) It does give you amazing gum health though.

I done it for a while, I no longer do it.

Just a little sesame oil, sunflower oil or raw coconut oil swished around your mouth for 20 minutes first thing in the morning, spit it out.

No problems, no warnings, unless you're allergic to the oil. Easy to do, you've done it before :)

Make a thread on it. Document your experiences here!

trinidiva
03-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Interesting. ....never heard of it........

anxietycat
03-10-2014, 06:33 PM
I tried this method this past weekend and actually felt worse, so I stopped. I used coconut oil and did it for about 3 days.

jessed03
03-10-2014, 06:41 PM
I tried this method this past weekend and actually felt worse, so I stopped. I used coconut oil and did it for about 3 days.

Oh my goodness, you're picture! It's so funny.

trinidiva
03-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Trin. You've morphed LMAO! The avatars have given me so many laughs today.

Yes...I have...you like?

trinidiva
03-10-2014, 07:54 PM
It's well....quite brilliant. :)

Lol.......im loving all these sock puppets here......

Dahila
03-10-2014, 08:13 PM
it is something I heard like 30 years ago, my neighbor did it for a long time, then she died on cancer in age of 46....
It is placebo effect and does not help for anything except some moisturizing of the gums;))))))))))
Do not believe in everything people post on FB and Pintrest:))
some suppose to be awesome and trustful sides tell people to take Essential oils internally, what a frauds and can do a lot of harm to others...eh sock life

Trini looking mighty good;))

amers85
03-10-2014, 09:14 PM
I've been seeing everyone posting this on facebook, I've thought about it. I just don't know if I could swish something in my mouth for 20 minutes.

Enduronman
03-10-2014, 09:16 PM
especially crushed walnut shells and coffee grounds...idk.. :rolleyes:

jessed03
03-10-2014, 09:17 PM
I've been seeing everyone posting this on facebook, I've thought about it. I just don't know if I could swish something in my mouth for 20 minutes.

Gets quite easy, but it's quite nasty at first. You're literally mouth washing oil. Then it loses it's oiliness.

It'll give you some sexy gums ;)

amers85
03-10-2014, 09:29 PM
Gets quite easy, but it's quite nasty at first. You're literally mouth washing oil. Then it loses it's oiliness.

It'll give you some sexy gums ;)

::gag:: lol ill pass

And who says my gums aren't already sexy ? Geesh

trinidiva
03-10-2014, 09:31 PM
it is something I heard like 30 years ago, my neighbor did it for a long time, then she died on cancer in age of 46....
It is placebo effect and does not help for anything except some moisturizing of the gums;))))))))))
Do not believe in everything people post on FB and Pintrest:))
some suppose to be awesome and trustful sides tell people to take Essential oils internally, what a frauds and can do a lot of harm to others...eh sock life

Trini looking mighty good;))

Thank you so much, your pic that I saw earlier looked great too. ( im on my cell now and can't see the profile pics for some reason).