PDA

View Full Version : Flickering Lights

theinformation
04-10-2008, 02:29 AM
Hi. I'm new on the board. I've been reading it for a long while though. You guys have all been a great help to me!

I was diagnosed with anxiety a couple of months ago. So far I'm coping okay, but theres only one symptom that bothers me above everything else.

Sometimes when I wake up, or just about to go to bed, I see flickering in the lights around me are flickering. I know that it's really not flickering because it sometimes happens in bright natural light, and i'm sure that the sun doesn't flicker. It usually goes away within a minute.... I remember that i used to get these for a short period a couple of years ago, and it went away... now it's come back...

Sometimes when I close my eyes to sleep, I feel like i see something flickering as well ..

I get so paranoid about this that everytime I'm in a room with a fluorescent light that's flickering, i need to double check with everyone that it really is flickering.

Does anyone else have this problem? It's so annoying because i have perfect vision throughout the day, but when i wake or go to bed, i get these kind of disturbances.

I think they bother me so much because my biggest fear is having a neurological disorder.

Vsanthos
04-10-2008, 01:58 PM
I get this same thing from time to time, it's pretty rare, but it's usually when I'm dead tired. It stands out in my mind that it happens when I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.

RabidBadger
04-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi

I think in truth we have many little physical peculiarities that only become noticable when an anxiety disorder sets in.

If you are constantly looking for something wrong then you will find it without fail.

Chris