PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only weird one??

BrookeLynnnn
03-09-2014, 09:56 PM
I haven't had a soda or energy drink in two years.. All I drink is water. No juice. I stopped eating candy a couple months ago.. I feel like anything with a lot of sugar will make me feel hyper & give me a panic attack lol.. It's weird I know.. I don't even eat ice cream or cupcakes or cake or anything like that.

Do you think these things play a role in anxiety??
Or am I just strange? Haha

patches6996
03-09-2014, 10:45 PM
I barely notice sugar. I was also scared to drink/eat anything with sugar. I started slowly working my way through that fear. I would eat a cookie, drink half a soda, drink half a cup of coffee (throughout many weeks, I might add), and now I'm able to drink/eat whatever I want without even a hint of a panic attack. You just have to see that those things won't hurt you when taken in moderation. I'm now able to enjoy monsters whenever I please:) it's just about conquering your fears, with baby steps. With anxiety, you have to face your fears, not avoid them!

BrookeLynnnn
03-09-2014, 10:47 PM
I barely notice sugar. I was also scared to drink/eat anything with sugar. I started slowly working my way through that fear. I would eat a cookie, drink half a soda, drink half a cup of coffee (throughout many weeks, I might add), and now I'm able to drink/eat whatever I want without even a hint of a panic attack. You just have to see that those things won't hurt you when taken in moderation. I'm now able to enjoy monsters whenever I please:) it's just about conquering your fears, with baby steps. With anxiety, you have to face your fears, not avoid them!

I'm gonna try that then!! I miss all that junk!! Lol thanks for the advice :)

patches6996
03-09-2014, 10:49 PM
No problem! Just remember to take it slow. :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-09-2014, 10:52 PM
No problem! Just remember to take it slow. :)

Thanks, I will!!

Enduronman
03-09-2014, 10:52 PM
I had just typed a BIG GIANT reply to this but had another "server error" BUT, I am now logged back in like I should be and not some other ways...
The answer is::::::::://///......<<<<>>>>>>> NO, I do not believe that sugar, a candy bar, a cupcake, or a soda is going to cause increased anxiety...
Now, the energy drinks are another story, those areeeee anxiety in a can with 18tsp of sugar, taurine, phenylalanine, and high concentrations of vit B12 too...
That mixture will increase focus and energy, if youre actually "doing something" except just drinking one and sitting there..you WILL get anxiety...
I would say to enjoy your (1) cupcake,...(1) soda,...or (1) candy bar and then see how good your brain actually feels..it is a sugar junkie...
But remember, our bodies store carbs and if theyre not used, it turns them into what we dont want...fat and weight gain...

Hope that helps! IMHO

Enduronman...:)

BrookeLynnnn
03-09-2014, 10:59 PM
I had just typed a BIG GIANT reply to this but had another "server error" BUT, I am now logged back in like I should be and not some other ways... The answer is::::::::://///......<<<<>>>>>>> NO, I do not believe that sugar, a candy bar, a cupcake, or a soda is going to cause increased anxiety... Now, the energy drinks are another story, those areeeee anxiety in a can with 18tsp of sugar, taurine, phenylalanine, and high concentrations of vit B12 too... That mixture will increase focus and energy, if youre actually "doing something" except just drinking one and sitting there..you WILL get anxiety... I would say to enjoy your (1) cupcake,...(1) soda,...or (1) candy bar and then see how good your brain actually feels..it is a sugar junkie... But remember, our bodies store carbs and if theyre not used, it turns them into what we dont want...fat and weight gain... Hope that helps! IMHO Enduronman...:)

Okay good to know!! I use to drink energy drinks like crazy!!!

But yea you're right.. Especially on my Paxil, I need to watch it! Lol so I'll just treat myself with junk every once in a while :)

Enduronman
03-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Yes, and if you start craving it,,,remember what to do before it gets out of hand...
That's the one thing about paxil that I've seen or heard of is increased appetite and hunger and not for veggies dear!!

Enduronman.. :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-09-2014, 11:07 PM
Yes, and if you start craving it,,,remember what to do before it gets out of hand... That's the one thing about paxil that I've seen or heard of is increased appetite and hunger and not for veggies dear!! Enduronman.. :)

Lol okay!!! Once I go home, I'm going grocery shopping & filling the house with healthy food!!

Mainecoon
03-09-2014, 11:49 PM
I haven't had a soda or energy drink in two years.. All I drink is water. No juice. I stopped eating candy a couple months ago.. I feel like anything with a lot of sugar will make me feel hyper & give me a panic attack lol.. It's weird I know.. I don't even eat ice cream or cupcakes or cake or anything like that.

Not at all. That's what I originally thought too, but now most of those things don't play a role. Our problems turn anything into a trigger. Like patches was saying. step by step you conquer everything you have been afraid of. Im working on it my self :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Not at all. That's what I originally thought too, but now most of those things don't play a role. Our problems turn anything into a trigger. Like patches was saying. step by step you conquer everything you have been afraid of. Im working on it my self :)

Okay good to know I'm not the only one!!
Thank you :)

Kabukicho
03-10-2014, 03:39 PM
I was never a big coffee drinker--usually a cup in the morning and maybe a little tea in the afternoon. But after my anxiety started spiking a few years ago, I had to quit it completely. And it helped a lot. Weird how the body changes...huh?

anxietycat
03-10-2014, 04:37 PM
I used to drink 4-6 lattes a DAY!!!! I cut it out completely in January due to sleep/anxiety issues. I really miss lattes though. I'm sure I've saved quite a bit of money from Starbucks.

BrookeLynnnn
03-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Yea the things I miss most are Monsters & coffee!! I loved Starbucks!!! But I would rather keep my anxiety down than enjoy a drink lol.

Enduronman
03-10-2014, 07:23 PM
NO MONSTERS! NO STARBUCKS!!!!

SORRY.....Brooklyn!...
Maybe just enjoy your candy as you had mentioned or a cupcake instead...
Hope youre having a great day!!
Havent seen or heard from you today so I hope its going well for you....:)

Enduronman.....

NixonRulz
03-10-2014, 07:24 PM
I used to drink 4-6 lattes a DAY!!!! I cut it out completely in January due to sleep/anxiety issues. I really miss lattes though. I'm sure I've saved quite a bit of money from Starbucks.

Do you believe stopping the java has helped a bit with sleeping?

I know you have some sleep issues. Just curious if it was worse before quitting.

amers85
03-10-2014, 09:17 PM

I just read this, I'm the exact same way LOL. I fear if I have anything that will trigger my heart or anxiety I stay away. Its been 8 years since I've had any kind of caffeine.

So if you're weird, I'm weird with you :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-10-2014, 09:18 PM
I just read this, I'm the exact same way LOL. I fear if I have anything that will trigger my heart or anxiety I stay away. Its been 8 years since I've had any kind of caffeine. So if you're weird, I'm weird with you :)

Yeap, we're weird together!! :)

HockeyRules
03-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Yes, and if you start craving it,,,remember what to do before it gets out of hand... That's the one thing about paxil that I've seen or heard of is increased appetite and hunger and not for veggies dear!! Enduronman.. :)

Just wanted to say something...... I was on Paxil for 4 months. I didn't gain a pound. On the other hand .....I didn't lose any weight either and I exercise regularly.....mostly cardio with a little weights thrown in. Since I got off of Paxil...it's been about 6 weeks now...... I have lost a few more pounds. So I really don't know the truth in the rumors. Negligible for me anyway. I took 10 mg and upped it to 20mg until I was a eunuch. Lol. Then went back to 10 mg for a little and then weaned off of it. Just my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth.

David