PDA

View Full Version : After anxiety

nikki_marie21
03-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Can you get through anxiety and feel 100% normal and care free of it? Or does it always remain? I'm on day 9 of zoloft and excited for it to start working .. Hopefully sooner then later ... Never thought I would have so much desperation to just feel 'normal'

Suza201
03-09-2014, 09:22 PM
I hope so. I've been on medication for a few years and have never felt normal or care free. It's helps ease it but doesn't fix it for me unfortunately :(

HockeyRules
03-09-2014, 09:33 PM
I hope so. I've been on medication for a few years and have never felt normal or care free. It's helps ease it but doesn't fix it for me unfortunately :(

That was how I felt on Paxil. One of the reasons I got off of it to try and tackle it with the tools I acquired through CBT and I did do some neurotherapy for about 2 and a half months as well. I feel pretty good most of the time....but always have the What If syndrome pop into my head here and there. I was mostly a GAD person with some hypochondriac mixed in. Lol.

nikki_marie21
03-09-2014, 09:36 PM
My hopes are that if we can all get our selves in to this position then hopefully we can get our selves out of it! Fingers crossed

TB1
03-09-2014, 09:49 PM
It depends on the severity of the disorder, but in most cases, treating anxiety/depression is sort of like going on a diet. It's possible to get to a point where you don't feel any symptoms of your disorder and can consider yourself "normal" again. However, you'll still have to maintain that status to make sure you don't slip back into those bad moments where it feels like your thoughts and emotions are falling out of your control.

And like going on a diet, don't expect results overnight. It can take a lot of time and effort to overcome your disorder, but it will happen as long as you stick to it.

nikki_marie21
03-10-2014, 06:10 AM
Thank u for your input .. I'm very happy to have found this site

Enduronman
03-10-2014, 06:36 AM
Can you get through anxiety and feel 100% normal and care free of it? Or does it always remain? I'm on day 9 of zoloft and excited for it to start working .. Hopefully sooner then later ... Never thought I would have so much desperation to just feel 'normal'

ANSWER: YES NIKKI MARIE!!!
I'm doing great, and I have fought this battle for 46 years dear, but I am winning it too...
Just like you will!
Give the meds at least a month, proud of you for making this effort too friend...very

Have a great day and welcome to the forums too!!

Enduronman... :) :) :)

anzy
03-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Hi i don't want to make you feel down but anxiety will always be with us,we just need to learn how to work around it and the Meds will help a bit but if you could do with out t's much better. I would take them to stable your anxiety and then slowly withdraw them talk to your Doc & always keep 1 pill with you so you feel safe if you get a panic attack. The trick about anxiety is to change our emotional patterns when it happens not easy to do but we could all do it good luck.

nikki_marie21
03-10-2014, 09:47 AM
That is very exciting to hear I'm sure most of us try to be optimistic .. I know I do ,, I guess it just makes you wonder when you have been dealing with it for a while, kinda like 'when you get back to normal, will you even remember what normal is anymore' pleas do t take that as me feel upset or depressed, just my thoughts about it all

nikki_marie21
03-10-2014, 09:49 AM
And excuse the bad spelling .. I have this app on my phone,

Suza201
03-10-2014, 09:11 PM
I don't remember what it was like to be 'normal' either!