PDA

View Full Version : Difference between sadness and depression?

AliasEQ
03-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Hey

So, yeah what's the difference? I thought extreme periods of sadness=depression. But Idk, I've read on it a little bit and apparently it's not the same thing?

Answers is appreciateeed.

EliazZzZz...

Cimi
03-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Hey

So, yeah what's the difference? I thought extreme periods of sadness=depression. But Idk, I've read on it a little bit and apparently it's not the same thing?

Answers is appreciateeed.

EliazZzZz...

look man they say wisdom is power but in our case it is not.the less u know tbe happier u will be.so just enjoy your prime time years and leave those things to others.if u see your latest posts u ask about a lot of stuff.reminds me of my old self.one answer is going to raise another question and so on.stop it here for your own good.

Cimi
03-09-2014, 11:43 AM
oh and i know you and you are not depressed.now show us some swedish blondes here :ppp

needtogetwell
03-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Hey So, yeah what's the difference? I thought extreme periods of sadness=depression. But Idk, I've read on it a little bit and apparently it's not the same thing? Answers is appreciateeed. EliazZzZz...

As I recall. Extreme sadness when prolonged for an extended period of time is a component of depression, but on its own not enough for a diagnosis.

Applecherry
03-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Depression is as said prolonged, self doubt ingrained in the person's thinking that can last for years or for life if not dealt with in some way through counseling, or lifestyle changes.

needtogetwell
03-09-2014, 12:18 PM
You would know the difference . Sadness is based , there is a reason for it . Weather it be hormonal and happening for a certain time or situation but you could most likely be cheered up . It changes Depression , sucks , i mean it sucks you dry . You feel nothing , in fact at times your not even sad . Your just blank and nothing will give you joy for the most part . It normally doesn't change. There is a depression that you can still get joy but this one is long term and something that you have learned to live with . There is also other things , physical symptoms that would point towards depression but they are taken into account with moods and thoughts . You are fine ,its hormonal as your brain is rebuilding . Take it as it comes and it will soon piss off .

Nice reply Forwells. Distinction is really clear here!

TB1
03-09-2014, 03:17 PM
I would also point out that depression can manifest itself in a lot more ways than just feeling sad. Depression can also cause anger-management problems and general irritability, because yelling and berating others feels better than nothing at all. It can also appear as problems with concentration and memory, changes in sleeping patterns, loss of appetite or overeating, decrease or increase in sex drive, more reckless behavior, and more. The list just goes on. Sadness generally won't cause things like that, and generally not to the same severity as clinical depression.