PDA

View Full Version : No xanax..

BrookeLynnnn
03-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Due to my agoraphobia.. I've been taking a Xanax before I leave the house. Right now I'm leaving with my mom & I go to take one. & she says not to, that's a problem..

So here we go, leaving with no Xanax!!

I have it with me just in case..
Ahhhhhh :/

BrookeLynnnn
03-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Good for you . You have it if it's super necessary which can be enough quite often just knowing it's there. It's good mums looking out for you but you're not having your legs kicked out from under you when you have it with you. Seems like a good plan. Go forward with confidence. :)

You're right! I did fine :) it was just a quick trip to the grocery store & then over to my sisters to drop something off.. I was a little antsy, like okay let's hurry up! Lol but I did okay.. It is really nice just knowing I have the Xanax as back up.

BrookeLynnnn
03-08-2014, 08:04 PM
I think that's great. Bet you feel even better for doing so. It takes some of anxieties power away right? When you have agoraphobia.....antsy is ok. We even expect it. Now it's just getting to a point where we don't expect it. Not too easy, but what ever is lol. I'm inspired. :)

Yes exactly!! On the drive there I kept thinking negative & then immediately remembered self talk from a book I'm reading & tried that! It helped!!

& I'm happy you're inspired!!! :)

Nicoleeo
03-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Awesome sauce! I'm so trying to do this pharmaceutical free.

BrookeLynnnn
03-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Awesome sauce! I'm so trying to do this pharmaceutical free.

Get some books on anxiety! They're very helpful!

Dahila
03-08-2014, 08:51 PM
I can do everything as long as I have pills on me....safety blanket:))) Brookie well done :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-08-2014, 08:55 PM
I can do everything as long as I have pills on me....safety blanket:))) Brookie well done :)

Yes, exactly :)

Thank you!!

bittersweetgirl
03-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Get some books on anxiety! They're very helpful!

Glad you did well!! I think it's good to have meds as backup - you don't want to associate anxiety with going out, if that makes sense.

Also love the book advice - I've been doing a lot of reading, and making some progress. I'm thinking through things a lot more :)

needtogetwell
03-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Well done Brooke!!! Really proud of you. That was a really big hill you climbed! How was the view?

Looking forward to hearing about your next time out!

Here's to you girl!
Cheers
~Pam

BrookeLynnnn
03-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Glad you did well!! I think it's good to have meds as backup - you don't want to associate anxiety with going out, if that makes sense. Also love the book advice - I've been doing a lot of reading, and making some progress. I'm thinking through things a lot more :)

Thank you!! & you're right..

& I have been reading also. Never before but now I want to learn how to deal with this & overcome it!

Happy to hear you're making progress!! :)

amers85
03-08-2014, 09:29 PM
That's awesome! You're brave, you have more control over your anxiety than you knew :) so happy for you

BrookeLynnnn
03-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Well done Brooke!!! Really proud of you. That was a really big hill you climbed! How was the view? Looking forward to hearing about your next time out! Here's to you girl! Cheers ~Pam

The view wasn't as bad as I had anticipated!!
Thank you :)

& oh I have a bday party tomorrow so you'll absolutely be hearing about that!! Lol kinda nervous earlier but after going out tonight without meds, I'm feeling better about it!

anxietycat
03-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Good job! What books are you reading? I am trying to read more.

You will do great tomorrow- keep us updated.

BrookeLynnnn
03-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Good job! What books are you reading? I am trying to read more. You will do great tomorrow- keep us updated.

Thank you!! I have like 7 books but these two I like best so far..

BrookeLynnnn
03-08-2014, 10:18 PM
That's awesome! You're brave, you have more control over your anxiety than you knew :) so happy for you

Aw thank you!! :)

Enduronman
03-08-2014, 11:26 PM
What else can I really say???....:)

Enduronman... :D :D :D

BrookeLynnnn
03-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Yesssss, yay! :)