PDA

View Full Version : Champix?

petrified
03-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Hi everyone I'm really wanting to quit smoking!

Has anyone tried champix while on anti depressants?
I've tried everything in the past. Patches, lozenges, gum, inhalers just about everything!
Well I've heard great things about champix and no a few people who have quit while taking them.
But I've heard they can make anxiety worse!
Has anyone had any experience with them, or no anything about them?
Thanks
Hannah

Dahila
03-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Hon Champix saved me. Today I would walk with oxygen if I did not quit smoking. I was trying to quit for at least ten years. Nothing worked. I tried everything even the acupuncture...
My 1 this year will be 6 years I am smoke free. I was on it for over 3 months. I quit smoking after two weeks on it.. Are you driving? My only side effect was that I bumped my bumper on the side walk, no others. No side effect beside feeling 100% better just after 4 days of not smoking. I was a chain smoker for 35 years or so.....
Just prepare yourself to do it and set the date. It was surprisingly easy to quit for me on this med...Good Luck awesome decision,,,,

petrified
03-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Hon Champix saved me. Today I would walk with oxygen if I did not quit smoking. I was trying to quit for at least ten years. Nothing worked. I tried everything even the acupuncture...
My 1 this year will be 6 years I am smoke free. I was on it for over 3 months. I quit smoking after two weeks on it.. Are you driving? My only side effect was that I bumped my bumper on the side walk, no others. No side effect beside feeling 100% better just after 4 days of not smoking. I was a chain smoker for 35 years or so.....
Just prepare yourself to do it and set the date. It was surprisingly easy to quit for me on this med...Good Luck awesome decision,,,,

Thanks dahlia!
Six years quit that's awesome!
I've been wanting to quit for a while, I don't enjoy it anymore, and it's not helping my health either.
I was worried about the champix as I had heard they can make anxiety a lot worse.
But you have given me hope and I'm going to make an appointment at the stop smoking clinic on Monday, they've got to be worth ago!
They must work pretty quick! Did you have many cravings on them?

Dahila
03-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Hannah actually as I remember I was sleeping like crazy for a month or so, and zero anxiety. Just remeber whole my life I got up in the middle of night for a smoke.. I think, I took only zoplicone before bed:)) the lack of urge for nicotine is fantastic YOu are going be fine
Life is beautiful without the urge to go outside for a smoke, with a lot of extra money you save and can spend on designer perfumes;) I felt exhilarating sense of freedom :)
I still do:)
I gained some weight and planted thousand of flowers, no cravings for a ciggy

needtogetwell
03-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Hannah actually as I remember I was sleeping like crazy for a month or so, and zero anxiety. Just remeber whole my life I got up in the middle of night for a smoke.. I think, I took only zoplicone before bed:)) the lack of urge for nicotine is fantastic YOu are going be fine Life is beautiful without the urge to go outside for a smoke, with a lot of extra money you save and can spend on designer perfumes;) I felt exhilarating sense of freedom :) I still do:) I gained some weight and planted thousand of flowers, no cravings for a ciggy

Dahila / Hannah, help me out here... What is this miracle you speak of? I've never heard of it, but I'm Canadian and we get kept in the dark about much! Lol

Quitting smoking is the last elephant on my back and I would really like to be free of it.

Enduronman
03-09-2014, 12:14 AM
Dahila / Hannah, help me out here... What is this miracle you speak of? I've never heard of it, but I'm Canadian and we get kept in the dark about much! Lol

Quitting smoking is the last elephant on my back and I would really like to be free of it.

This is what they're talking about...and the side effect is just maybe some farts....
Helps people stop smoking!!! But farting!!!...LMAO! :) Just kidding...maybe..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varenicline

Enduronman.. :D

needtogetwell
03-09-2014, 12:20 AM
This is what they're talking about...and the side effect is just maybe some farts.... Helps people stop smoking!!! But farting!!!...LMAO! :) Just kidding...maybe.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varenicline Enduronman.. :D

Thanks Eman!

Enduronman
03-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Yay!!! :) :)

petrified
03-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Hannah actually as I remember I was sleeping like crazy for a month or so, and zero anxiety. Just remeber whole my life I got up in the middle of night for a smoke.. I think, I took only zoplicone before bed:)) the lack of urge for nicotine is fantastic YOu are going be fine
Life is beautiful without the urge to go outside for a smoke, with a lot of extra money you save and can spend on designer perfumes;) I felt exhilarating sense of freedom :)
I still do:)
I gained some weight and planted thousand of flowers, no cravings for a ciggy

Thanks dahlia that's very helpful,
I'm definitely going on Monday to make that appointment!
I really feel it's time I quit and your success story has made me even more determined.
I will let you no how I get on :-)

ellie_84
03-09-2014, 03:01 AM
My fiancé went on champix and had never suffered any type of mental illness... The medication made him so depressed to the point he tried to commit suicide.. There was a class action & the company was sued as it was not a warning at the time that it was a side effect and the victims won the case. Please be careful!!!!!

ellie_84
03-09-2014, 03:02 AM
By the way he is now still on antidepressants years later as the drug really affected him...

petrified
03-09-2014, 03:26 AM
My fiancé went on champix and had never suffered any type of mental illness... The medication made him so depressed to the point he tried to commit suicide.. There was a class action & the company was sued as it was not a warning at the time that it was a side effect and the victims won the case. Please be careful!!!!!

Hi Ellie I'm really sorry your fiancé had such a horrific time on them! I hope he is doing better now
Thank you for reply it's definitely given me pause for thought.
I think when I go make my appointment I will have a long chat about them!
Thanks again Ellie :-)