PDA

View Full Version : What are some anxiety related dreams you frequently have?

Applecherry
03-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Just curious. one for me seems to be, I try to lock the front door in my house, I check to see if it's locked and it's not, it keeps opening..I don't feel safe. :(

acetone
03-09-2014, 04:29 AM
I get many unpleasant dreams thankfully none of them is recurring.

Applecherry
03-09-2014, 09:58 AM
I get many unpleasant dreams thankfully none of them is recurring.

I suppose the reoccurring ones are a message from the subconscious in some way.

anxiety-challenged
03-09-2014, 11:06 AM
I have agoraphobia, and taking train rides or on airplane is my nightmare appearing in my dream. These couple of years, I came to enjoy a bit of the rides in those dreams, cause I can never do that in real life, weird...

Applecherry
03-09-2014, 11:24 AM
You probably desire to do so again. Agoraphobia isn't permanent, so take comfort in that.

anxiety-challenged
03-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Thanx Applecherry!
Exactly, I do wanna go every places that hop into my mind all over the world...I hadn't lost my hope to do that again.

About your dream, the lock which keeps opening might mean either you are not trusting the safety you should be feeling, or you are not wanting to be locked in your house...?

Applecherry
03-14-2014, 07:37 AM
I think it's safety related because the lock is not working, I don't feel protected.

I'm always dreaming of my grandmas old house, sometimes she's there, sometimes not. What that means I have no idea. She died in 2006, long time ago now.

Anyway, I was just reading while we sleep it is the amygdaloid that fires more than anything else.

Applecherry
03-14-2014, 07:39 AM
*Amygdala

Auto correct isn't feeling like spelling it right.

amers85
03-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Ever since I've been on my meds I dream nightly. They are always bad, most I enjoy they are just very vivid. And I also dream of my grandma and great aunt who has passed away, but those are happy ones to me :)

Sometimes ill have the ones where I can't breathe in my dream and I have a panic attack in my dream, those are horrible.

Applecherry
03-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Fuck dreams, they suck, sometimes they can be good when I learn the hidden message my subconscious gives me, bit most the time they are just weird and make me feel worried at times when my anxiety is already high.

vonnhelsing
03-14-2014, 01:46 PM
I dream a lot about tsunamis and huuge tidal waves and being deep underwater.. during anxious times..

Applecherry
03-14-2014, 10:58 PM
Lol sorry forwells. :(

ashy
03-15-2014, 12:39 AM
Sometimes I have dreams that certain people in my life who have expressed a lot of anger towards me, I dream that they are yelling at me and I can feel their hate and anger.. Sometimes in my dreams they throw stuff at me or try to tear me down with really painful words. It makes me feel scared and unsafe. (Sorry if that was too detailed :/ )